Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1245Berlioz Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2012, 12:10 PM
    Pregnancy after plan b bleeding
    I got my period of February 14th, and it ended around the 21st of February. Two days later, so on the 23rd I had sex with my boyfriend. We used a condom, but it fell off and he finished inside of me. The next day, so the 24th I took plan b one step. Four days after taking the morning after pill I began some pretty bad what I assume are side effects. I had bad headaches, cramping, and I started bleeding like a period, I also had nausea, sore breasts, and I was very tired. I didn't get my period all of March, I took a pregnancy test on March 9th and it came back negative. It is now April fourth and I still haven't had another period. I am wondering if I could be pregnant. I feel really bloated, tired, dizzy, and I have been craving milk like crazy. If you have any information for me I would really really appreciate it! Thank you for your time!
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Apr 4, 2012, 12:13 PM
    How did the condom fall off? O.o

No form of contraception is 100% effective, so I'd visit your doctor to get a better idea.

x Dani

Apr 4, 2012, 12:21 PM
    I'm not really sure what happened. All I know is when we were finished we realized what happened... so that's unfortunate. I don't really know what to say if I go to a doctor, I feel like if I say that I've taken plan b one step, and I've had a negative test I feel like they will just dismiss me... but I feel like something is wrong... I just don't feel right you know?

Apr 4, 2012, 12:22 PM
    If you're got any reason to be suspicious, they have to check. It's their job, after all!

Let them know how worried you are, and you want to be certain. Some people take numerous tests that come out negative, but are still pregnant.

x Dani

Apr 4, 2012, 12:26 PM
    Yeah, I think if I don't get my period by the end of next week I'll go in. But I'm wondering what the likely hood of being pregnant even after taking plan b really is?

Apr 4, 2012, 12:39 PM
    I'd say it's about 94% effective if taken within 12 hours. Maybe around 90% in your case. It's not often pregnancy symptoms are felt so early in the pregnancy, but it's not the same for every woman. But don't let that prevent you from going to the doctor, it needs to be done.

The more times you use it in your life, the less effective it gets.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2012, 01:48 PM
    Keep in mind that plan B one step will only work if you are not already pregnant. It will not terminate an existing pregnancy.

Apr 4, 2012, 03:24 PM
    I do understand that plan b one step won't terminate an existing pregnancy. But, since I took the pill the day after my contraception failed... could I have gotten pregnant in less than 24 hours? Aka the time span between the intercourse and the plan b one step?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2012, 05:55 PM
    If the egg had already been released and your partner had fast swimmers, yes.

Apr 6, 2012, 08:05 PM
    So a little update. Unfortunately, things are just getting more and more confusing over here! I went with my sister to Walgreens today and bought a test. I took it there, following the instructions on the package. It came back with a very very very faint positive line. I showed my sister the test to make sure I'm not crazy and imagining it there and she could see it too. The lines showed up within the fist two minutes of taking it (the instructed wait time on the box) so I'm pretty sure its not an evaporation line. Does this mean for sure that I'm pregnant? Even if the second line was EXTREMELY light??

Apr 7, 2012, 03:39 AM
    I've taken a test before and it's shown up within a minute of urinating on it.

But they always say if you're unsure or the results have confused you that you should see a doctor. After all, if you ARE pregnant, you'll be visiting the docs a lot to check on the baby.

x Dani
    maryam64 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2012, 08:53 AM
    I have the same situation here! I thought after bleeding I will be immune. What happened? Where you pregnant?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heavy bleeding after taking plan b [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 18 I took plan be last Monday and my period started last Tuesday and I'm still bleeding kind of heavy is that normal its been 1 week bleeding kind of heavy is that normal?

Bleeding between periods using Plan B [ 3 Answers ]

It 's been 5 days after I have taken plan B and now I am experiencing something like period starting from today Friday (March 28). I had broken condom right after my last period which was on Saturday (march 22) and I ate Plan B exactly two hours after that. So based on this fact That I shouldn't...

View more questions Search