Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    16dec Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2012, 10:10 AM
    What are the chances of me being pregnant?
    I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend, and he always pulls out before finishing. I'm on the pill, but I don't always take it on the same time every day. And now I'm 2 days late for my period, I don't want to tell him because I don't want to make him worried. But what are the chances that I am pregnant?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2012, 01:22 PM
    "pulling out" is not a reliable contraceptive method.

Contraceptive pills are pretty reliable as long as you take them when you are supposed to.

2 days late on your period is too early to tell whether you are pregnant or not.
    eyebrowexpert Posts: 5, Reputation: -1

Apr 4, 2012, 07:58 PM
    Two days late is not too early to tell. Today's PTs are very sensitive. I'd say based on your methods and frequency of contraception, pregnancy is a very good possibility.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2012, 08:21 PM
    It is far too early to know at this point, many women often are off 2, 3, 4 or more days many months. So about a week after you have missed your period, you can try a test.

And I agree, well actually I don't even consider pull out a method, since it has such a small effect on stopping pregnancy. With that said, I am sure you know that even when taken as required, birth control pills ( while good) are not 100 percent either.

So of course you could be since you are having sex. You and your boyfriend need to realise that this is of course a result of any time you have sex. So he and you need to consider and worry before you do sex. Waiting on a test is not the time to do all the worry.

But you may want to tell him and see what and how he reacts, it may tell you a lot about him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are my chances of being pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

So about four nights ago me and this guy I have a thing with got carried away and started fooling around. We had been drinking and I know he ejaculated at some point during this little episode. We both had our pants down and I rolled over on him to make out with him, then I realized that our pants...

What are the chances of my being pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm taking microgestion and have bee on if for a year or more now, I haven't missed a pill in awhile but I made sure when I did I took it as soon as I remembered. Me and my boyfriend had sex the other day and as he was pulling out he got some of his sperm right on the edge of the opening. I am...

Chances of getting pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't been taking my pill properly for the last few months and I'm wondering what are the chances of getting pregnant. LMP is Dec 19, started my pill on  the 24th. Didn't finish the pack so period came on Jan 10. Again, started a new pack on Jan 15. I missed pills for 3 days, so I didn't...

The chances of me getting pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

So Im on Kariva the birth control, as many of you already know, it's a very low hormonal 28 day set of pills. On the third row of the pack, I did miss three pills in a row, as well as forgetting a pill every now and then this month. I did have sex WITHOUT a condom several times this month. So what...

What are my chances of being pregnant? [ 8 Answers ]

I was on the depo shot for about a year after I had my son. I got off it. On the 21st of July my doc said I was ovulating. It's been 15 days and I haven't started. Ive taken at home tests and they are all negative. Ive had some brown spotting. Could I be pregnant or is this from coming off the shot?

View more questions Search