Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bghr8353 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2012, 06:19 AM
    Wise man bringing gift of myrrh to the crucifixion
    The story is about one of the wise men who visited Jesus at his birth, the one who brought myrrh, and then 30 years later he is at the foot of the cross to leave the same gift of myrrh for Jesus's burial
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2012, 06:36 AM
    There is not a biblical story of the same one who brought myrrh to the Christ Child also visiting at the Crucifixion.

It IS a biblical story, though, of the wine mixed with myrrh that was offered to Christ while he was on the cross.

There is no truth or credible reason to believe that it was one of the "wise men" who brought myrrh as a gift shortly after Jesus was born.
    Bghr8353 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2012, 07:57 AM
    Thank you for your response . And I know this because I am a Christian but I was reading my guidepost 2011 devotional for January 6 and Anne ADriance describes this book inher devotion. I was curious as to what it says. She says it is a legend. But it just catch my attention. I was just given this book from a friend so obviously l'm not going with today's day. Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gift for destination wedding and the couple is also having a reception 1 gift or 2? [ 2 Answers ]

I am attending a destination wedding, Aruba and the couple is also having a reception once they get back in New York. I am attending both. 1) Do I bring the gift with me to Aruba? 2) Do I bring it to the reception? 3) Do I get them a gift for both?

Thoughtless Gift from Best Man [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I were honored to have his brother as best man in our wedding. The brother was married several years ago, and my husband was his best man. He flew halfway (literally!) around the world to be there, took 2 weeks off from work, paid for his own hotel expenses and a rental car for a...

View more questions Search