Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snafool Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2012, 04:10 PM
    First Love Breaks Up, On Our Anniversary!
    She and I dated for a year. It started last year after I asked her to Prom in December... I had never had a girlfriend so we moved slowly and eventually I got the nerve to ask her out by March (yes I know... but hay, she was my first). She said that and immediately we knew things would be great. We did everything together, watched certain TV shows together... had our own jokes... you all have heard this before... we were perfect together... During the school year we would hang out usually 2 times a weekend and maybe once during the week. Over that summer (between junior and senior year) we hung out a bunch. We had so much fun together... she was my first everything and I was her first everything (yes, even the v-card). Senior year rolled by and I had a tough October because college apps and a lot of tragedy in my family. She had a tough January because she got injured from sports and fell behind in school and that really stressed her out and she took some out on me.. we worked through it fine and the love never stopped. It was awesome through the winter.. it's like the honeymoon period never stopped. We always talked about how we wanted so bad to stay together in college because of how awesome we were. We knew she was going to Canada and I was probably going to school in the south...

Anyway she broke up with me on March 25th, our 1 year. Ill explain what happened leading up to it. The weekend before we got in a pretty big fight about how I needed to give her more space and how she needed to show me that she cared for me more. We talked about how second semester would be awesome because we were seniors and we could probably spend time together during the week (school week) more. But, because of her injury, she spent all of her time catching up on work, which I was fine with and I always tried to help her out when she asked. But, following that fight, she started taking 2 hour walks with a friend of hers after school everyday. I always offered to walk with her but she said no and I asked if I could walk with her and she said no because she had work but she always had 2 hours to go on a walk with her friend. She didn't understand why it bothered me and I tried to explain time and again. This was the week before the weekend of our 1 year. It's not like we were mad at each other we still were in love and all that. We made plans for the awesome weekend ahead and got really excite about it. Dinner with my family Friday night, just-us dinner and hangout Saturday, and breakfast Sunday at her house. Friday came along. She was upset that day because she got wait listed at one of her top colleges... her mom couldn't cheer her up but I was able to before we went out. We went out and at one point she brought up to my family about how I was mad about the walking thing... which got me really mad. I let it go and we finished dinner fine. We went home and we watched our TV show and got in the mood.. for.. well you know. We got undressed, ready to go, and she stopped because she was worried my parents would come down. I tried to reassure her but to no avail. It was a let down. I took her home later and in the car I finally got the message about her walking with the friend to her... and then we got in a fight about how much time to spend together and then I got mad about how she could never relax and I said stuff like "how are we going to have a physical aspect in college?". We got mad, she slammed the door, I slammed the door and that was the night. The next day she called me and said she didn't want to see me that weekend and she needed to think. Sunday night, after not talking, she broke up with me. She said I had done the damage and that she thought it was time to be just friends. I begged her to give me another chance.. we both cried and she said she couldn't.

It was and still is hard to fathom why she broke up with me. We were so great (and she thought so too) and then suddenly it was gone. The only difference between us was the effort. I put her above everything else, the highest level. She put me at the highest level she could, but it wasn't as high as I put her. Anyway its really hard because the day before we were talking about plans for the next day, the next week, and so on. I still have tons of feelings for her and I know she has some for me too. I still physically&mentally want her and think of her everyday... she was so beautiful to me in every way.

I know now that we both have to move on and that we both want to be friends. Part of the reason was probably that she wanted a fresh start in college... before we dated she always talked about how she wanted to leave everything behind... and maybe I changed her mind while we were together, but when college crept closer, she realized what she really wanted. Could that <---- be why she broke up with me? How can I move on quicker and how can I get rid of the physical attraction? Will I find someone who I can share all the jokes I had with her we them? I want closure and for us to be able to talk to each other and reflect on the awesome times with fond memories instead of with sadness as it is now (because we don't have them anymore)... how long do I have to wait before we can do that? Any chance of her coming back? It just doesn't make sense how we went from everything to nothing over a small fight. IT wasn't a bad fight or week, it wasn't bad at all... we were both in love after the break to... what happened? Why did she want this so bad?
    jaffeyjoeblaze Posts: 157, Reputation: 16

Apr 3, 2012, 10:45 PM
    You two are very young and will both experience more relationships down the road, especially in college... so don't worry about finding replacement girlfriend to share jokes and spend time with etc etc... it seems that you 2 were stressed out with other events going on with completing senior year and moving to college and her situation with the injury

You just need to worry about yourself and find things to enjoy during your senior year, sports, friends, exercise...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 7, 2012, 12:34 AM
    Sorry guy, but as much fun as you had it was simply time to let go and move on without each other. That's usually how it is when we grow, and change, and get a taste of a new world to explore, and find out where we fit.

Sucks I know, but enjoy your summer, as you get ready yourself for bigger and better things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does love feel like when your boyfriend/girlfriend breaks up with you? [ 3 Answers ]

Because I never felt it before, and don't want to feel it! Edited for chat/text, since it was short-T

3 year girlfriend breaks up [ 18 Answers ]

threads merged After reading all of the posts on here, I guess I don't really need to ask anything. I was going to wonder if... after my GF of 3 years broke up with me suddenly (and with almost ZERO explanation) if not calling would ruin my chances of 'keeping' her and make her think I...

Girlfriend of a year breaks up for no apparent reason [ 3 Answers ]

Hey well this is a long story.See I never was looking for a relationship.and finally one day my old schoolmate got to contact me through a mutual friend.Well,apparently she had the biggest crush on me and wanted to get into it right away.She was 18 and I was 19,we both were in our 2nd year of our...

When your love one breaks up with you by removing relationship status in Facebook. [ 25 Answers ]

Hi, I am curious and would like some input from the public when your love one breaks up with you by removing their relationship status with you in facebook.com without a word. No closure, no explanation, there were no heavy dramas before the incident. (Note: You have not done anything sorry to...

Landlord breaks two year lease and tells us to leave. [ 5 Answers ]

I just signed a two-year lease with my landlord. One month in he is telling us we have to leave. We live in Florida. He just had an attorney send us a get out in 15 day notice. Why should we leave if we have a two year lease and have always made payments on time? What to do?

View more questions Search