Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beckie1234 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2012, 01:43 PM
    Can my social security disability payments from Social Security can be garnished
    I am on Social Security Disability. I was just served a small claims request and I wonder if they can garnish my social security benefits?

Apr 3, 2012, 01:53 PM
    Can my social security disability payments from Social Security can be garnished
    I received an order to appear from the justice court, and I am on Social Security Disability and was wondering if they can garnish my payments from SSDI

Apr 3, 2012, 01:54 PM
    I am on Social Security Disability and I just received an order to appear to small claims court. I wonder of they can garnish my SSDI
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2012, 01:56 PM
    Usually not with some exceptions. What is the reason for the Small Claims Court matter?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 6, 2012, 03:35 PM
    Welcome to AMHD beckie.

First may I give you some tips on using this site. If you have a question use the ASK link to post your own question. Don't add your question to another thread. And only post once, don't make several posts with the same question. If you need to ask a follow-up or provide more info, use the Reply or quick answer options. The Report link is only to report a post that violates the rules.

Your threads have been merged and here is the information you provided using the report:
    Quote Originally Posted by beckie1234 View Post
    Reason Given: it is for an unpaid medical bill
    Its unlikely that a creditor will be awarded a writ of execution against SSDI. However, if they are deposited in a bank account they become commingled funds and can be attached.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 6, 2012, 03:46 PM
    Now they tried to "report" Judy's post as being wrong or against the site rules, to try and add more info.

Please to add more info, "ANSWER" the question to add more info please.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Back child support payments and social security disability pa [ 3 Answers ]

If I am approved for Social Security disability - they said I would get a lump sum for retroactive back pay. I am in arrears for my child support - but I am current with my monthly child support payments and pay so much a month towards my arrears. Can they take my whole lump sum and apply it to...

Can my social security disability be garnished by SallieMae to pay student loans. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been receiving social security disability insurance payments for almost two years. These payments are my only source of income. I owe a lot in student loans serviced by SallieMae. Can my disability payments be garnished to pay back the loans?

Can my Social security disability be garnished or my account frozen [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons for a credit card debt. I went to legal aid and they said I did not have to court. That the judge would file in favor of the creditor. I also owe state taxes can they garnish my social scurity disability. Could I go bakrupt withoutlosing my home and car... all that I...

Social Security Disability Payments - Taxable? [ 1 Answers ]

Are Social Security Disability Payments taxable by the IRS?

Social Security disability payments and garnishments [ 2 Answers ]

Are social security disabiltiy payments subject to garnishments for back spousal support or child support? I know that social security benefits are subject to garnishment but was wondering about disability pymts? Thanks

View more questions Search