Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2012, 11:52 AM
    Lost document Password in WordPerfect
    I came upon a document that I couldn't remember, and the stupid thing is password protected (yes, it's on my own computer). It's a WordPerfect 12 document, and I need a way to recover/crack the password that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, since I'll probably only be using the method once. Anybody know a good way to do this?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 4, 2012, 04:18 AM
    I have to ask. Since you don't remember the document then why is it so important that you view it ?
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2012, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    I have to ask. Since you dont remember the document then why is it so important that you view it ?
    The title suggests that it may be something I need. Something I only need annually, but you know how that goes.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 5, 2012, 01:27 PM
    Here are several programs you might want to look at.

How Do I Retrieve a Password for a WordPerfect File? | eHow.com

Also have you tried opening the document with a different program like notepad?
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2012, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Here are several programs you might want to look at.

How Do I Retrieve a Password for a WordPerfect File? | eHow.com

Also have you tried opening the document with a different program like notepad?
    I've tried opening it in notepad, wordpad, OpenOffice Writer, they all return gibberish.

Unfortunately, the programs at that address cost more than I can do. The demos either return only 3 characters or they return zilch and just say "I found it, give me $$$ and I'll tell you what it is, neener neener!" Oh well.
    MHBeira2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 10:23 PM
    Hi Dave,

I am actually having a similar problem: an important document, which does no longer recognize my password. Not sure what happened, but I may have "saved as" and entered the wrong password somehow. Did you, by any chance, got a reliable and not too expensive solution? I would appreciate very much if you could share a solution with me. Word Perfect support team has been of no use, so far. Thank you!
    MHBeira2
    MHBeira2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 10:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwashbur View Post
    I've tried opening it in notepad, wordpad, OpenOffice Writer, they all return gibberish.

Unfortunately, the programs at that address cost more than I can do. The demos either return only 3 characters or they return zilch and just say "I found it, give me $$$ and I'll tell you what it is, neener neener!" Oh well.
    Hi Dave,

I am actually having a similar problem: an important document, which does no longer recognize my password. Not sure what happened, but I may have "saved as" and entered the wrong password somehow. Did you, by any chance, got a reliable and not too expensive solution? I would appreciate very much if you could share a solution with me. Word Perfect support team has been of no use, so far. Thank you!
    MHBeira2

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I protect my document without password? [ 3 Answers ]

I would to know without password I want to protect my documents/pictures/data because any time I can forgot the password or it may be hijacked

Help in un-password protecting a document [ 2 Answers ]

I password protected an Excel document. When I access the document, the system does not ask for a password, instead it asked for 25 product key for Microsoft 2007. I am unable to edit any of the dox(Word or Excel) on my notebook because it says something about being compatible. Is my issue the...

Home Rental - Lost TV warranty document [ 4 Answers ]

Long story short... We were renting a house (that we had an offer in on) until our current house sold in another state. Our house ended up not selling and the people whose house we were renting decided to relist the house we were living in (since we couldn't buy it). When we started the...

Lost H4 approved document [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - Hi- I am on H4 dependent visa my wife is on H1 visa. We both applied for extension of visa and been approved by USCIS on October 10. I came to know this by USCIS website. On September 25 my wife asked me to leave the house and I left to my friends place in kingston RI.About 3 days back she...

Lost Password [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I bought my 12 year old granddaughter a used Compaq N400c laptop and docking station. After I set it up with windows XP Pro, she put in a power key password. And, you can guess, forgot what it was. I have taken it to a repair shop and they have no way of unlocking the computer. Does...

View more questions Search