Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marie1001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2012, 11:04 AM
    Hasn't said I love you after a year.
    I and my boyfriend have been together for over a year now, and I love him to bits and can’t see myself without him? But he hasn’t said I love you yet to me I have and just goes OK. And when I confronted him about It he says 'he’s too young' he’s 21 and I’m 18 nearly 19. But I know he was In love with his ex because he told me he loved her so what does that mean for me that I’m not important enough to him for him to love me :-/ when my friends ask him does he love me he goes 'not yet no'.

Also when we first started going out he treated me like a princess like I was the only girl ever, but not that we’ve been together so long he’s always on about how hot other girls are and when I ask him do I look OK he just goes you you look OK. And I never know If he’s messing or not. And also he won’t hold my hand in public anymore but on a night out him will hold my hand no problem :-/ I don't understand it, does it mean he just doesn’t like me as much as he used to? :-/ I’m afraid to lose him... He’s my first proper boyfriend.

Marie.
    jaffeyjoeblaze Posts: 157, Reputation: 16

Apr 3, 2012, 10:26 PM
    Ah young love, it may be that he doesn't love you... chances are the both of you are too young to realize what true love is... you need to have a talk with him to see if he has the same feelings that you do...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 3, 2012, 10:31 PM
    I just don't understand why girls want to turn boys into girls. Boys don't like to talk about love and feelings and boring stuff like that. They want to talk about sports and cars and chicks and food.

Accept him for being a guy and don't try to change him, plus stop acting so needy. If anything will turn him off so he dumps you, that will do it. Love him for who he is and just be your sweet girly self.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 4, 2012, 06:40 PM
    Is it possible he still has baggage from his old relationship? Is it possible he takes you for granted because he knows you don't want to lose him? Confront these things that cause you concern, and stand up for yourself, even if it means making him mad, or losing him.

A couple that cannot talk honestly won't last any way, matters not if he is the first. Or the 50th!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

16 year old girl falls in love with a 60 year old man [ 1 Answers ]

I saw parts of this movie, it's pretty old, and I forgot the title of it. It's about a 16 year old girl that falls in love with a 60 year old man. I think he's a painter. Her parents are disgusted by this, and urge her never to go near him. I remember how this boy is angry that she doesn't like...

10 year relationship, 2 year marriage. And now he questions what true love is [ 2 Answers ]

Background (it's a long one, too): We are in our mid 20's and have known each other for 10 years. We dated exclusively through high school but without any commitment to marriage. That "in love" blissful feeling lasted for quite some time, well into our college years. He has always been a...

View more questions Search