Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2012, 01:04 PM
    Hello sean, at 100 posts your question has been addressed by many of the best people on this question and answer site ( I have read the entire thread), the answers of which you don't seem to want to hear, or your not happy with the responses.

If you wish to discuss science there is a very good forum on askmehelpdesk for that specific topic.

As for my 2 cents, may I suggest some councilling.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 11, 2012, 01:05 PM
    The science is very much a part of the therapy on this thread.
    sean_s Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    "On the near side of Earth's moon" is redundant with Mare Serenitatis.
    Hehe, Mare Serenitatis is a formation on moon, and the question "where in moon in Mare Serenitatis" can be roughly answered with "in the near side."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 11, 2012, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sean_s View Post
    hehe, Mare Serenitatis is a formation on moon, and the question "where in moon in Mare Serenitatis" can be roughly answered with "in the near side "
    But if you say Mare Serenitatis, your listeners/readers already know it's on the near side. It's like saying "tooth dentist."

Do you feel mentally engaged?

Apr 11, 2012, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    hello sean, at 100 posts your question has been addressed by many of the best people on this question and answer site ( I have read the entire thread),
    I am thankful about it

the answers of which you dont seem to want to hear, or your not happy with the responses.
    I am trying to focus on the fact that I did some of the ritual, but it did not help. So I am in search of a radical solution.

if you wish to discuss science there is a very good forum on askmehelpdesk for that specific topic.

as for my 2 cents, may i suggest some councilling.
    I went to the doctor, the first one suggested anti-depession medicine. But because I have been working the last few days under anti-pain, I was not really willing to jump to anti-depressives, hence I wanted to give here and in other help websites a try as well.

Apr 11, 2012, 01:25 PM
    But if you say Mare Serenitatis, your listeners/readers already know it's on the near side. It's like saying "tooth dentist."

Do you feel mentally engaged?
    Tooth dentist, hehehehehehehe nice term...

Before the breakup, I did - it was a goal I wanted BADLY to achieve. I worked without food, with anti-pain medicine. After the breakup, I am doing it, because... I don't know, I just kept on doing it. But today after submitting the primary reports, I feel totally resourceless. My mind is not any more functioning. I formulas describing the patterns that form on granular fluid appear like the stupid sketch marks in a child's sketchbook. Meaningless.

Es schmekt mir gar nicht mehr -it does not taste me any more - those formulas, for which I worked, redefined part of topology, skipped a lot of things, without any question - I just lost the taste in it.

As I already mentioned, I am making the mistakes which I hated.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2012, 01:32 PM
    There is no radical solution, you are the same as every other person with a broken heart, no more no less, there are thousands of posts here on the matter, some cope better then others, you obviously have found a way to cope in the form of chat websites, getting opinions on the matter, amdh is NOT chat website nor a therapy playground.

Again I suggest professional face to face councilling, you may not need medication, just someone to guide you through the process, and be on hand should you require some additional support in the form of medication.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 11, 2012, 03:20 PM
    I don't see the dialog between OP and Wondergirl as chat. I see lots of 'answers' in what they are saying.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 11, 2012, 05:48 PM
    SYou came to the right place for emotional support and guidance, and like most who come to this site, while not a radical solution, you seem to have made a few friends that care and want you to heal, and prosper.

I'm broke too!! Bummer ain't it?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 11, 2012, 06:03 PM
    I'm so broke I can't even afford to pay attention! :)

I'm so broke that when robbers break into my house, they leave me money!

Sorry, I thought we'd moved on to poor jokes. Even though it isn't a joke, it's the state that many of us are in right now. If I let it get me down, I'd never get back up. All I can do is look to tomorrow to make it better. Same with you Sean.

Apr 11, 2012, 06:43 PM
    Jo jo jo

Well, alty I am not sure if you are joking about your attention, but I isn't. I isn't joking about me being broke.

So today I had my ordeal. I submitted my stuff. And it was submitted for testing. There were a few bugs in my work. They went through it, and put me under further pressure. This thing hardly has any solution. I had to invent my solutions. For that I had to spend last year studying completely different mathematics, that I though I ever would. Naturally it is not their problem, why I took this long. Naturally it does not interest them when I tell them I did this or that, because it is NOT their field. SO I am again under pressure - that I am suffering from a breakup, and under physical breakdown, is not their issue. And she had to break exactly on these days.

The man is saying that he note I post in FB, so I should be able to do this too. I am such a loser.

They give me 48 hours to solve this. Impossible it is, I would say. But it is an ultimatum.

I am losing my ability to think.

Indeed a many of you are AT LEAST as broke as I am.. just I am the only one who can not take it any more. Maybe I should just pull the damn trigger.
    Pets Expert

Apr 11, 2012, 06:53 PM
    Sean, you've made friends here. We can't help you with your work, we can't mend your broken heart, but we are here, and we're listening.

You're not a loser. You're also not the only one on this Earth that is suffering. In fact, many of the people that have posted on this thread have suffered far worse hardships than you ever have, including what you're going through now.

What will pulling the trigger accomplish? Do you want her to feel guilty that she hurt you? She won't. If that's your motivation, it's a dead end. She'll go on with her life regardless of what you do. In fact, she would likely never even know that you decided to kill yourself because of her.

As for being broke. My house is falling apart. I literally have an 8 foot hole in my ceiling caused by water damage from my broken dishwasher, and I can't afford to fix it. I have bowls under the leak, and I'm hoping that the entire downstairs ceiling doesn't cave in.

We live paycheque to paycheque. Both my husband and I work, and we have two kids to support as well. Today I couldn't even afford to buy a $1 bag of chips for my lunch at work. I don't have the money. Tomorrow is pay day, but even then I won't have the money, all of it is going to bills, and to keep the leaking broken roof over our heads.

You have only yourself to worry about. You can fix your situation. If I fail, my kids suffer too. So who's the loser? Out of the two of us I would say that I'm failing much worse than you are.

So stop your sulking, do your work, and see tomorrow as a new day, a day where you can change your situation. If I haven't given up, then why should you be allowed to?

Apr 11, 2012, 07:03 PM
    I am thankful of you listening to me.

About not being able to pay, haha, I will have to walk to work tomorrow, because as a secondary teacher, without a special teacher training, I am also underpaid, and I also don't have money for food, all money is going for tobacco :) I am hoping that when this calculation finishes, I will be the only person in a LARGE number of people, who has successfully engaged themselves in such .

No, I don't want to make her feel guilty or anything. She will indeed never know that I was about to die for her.

I just don't know if I should live a pointless life (zwecklos), or end it, because it is of no ones use..
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 11, 2012, 07:04 PM
    You are not losing your mind, you have lost focus on the task at hand is all. Emotional duress, and stress does that. Ask me how I know. It will pass if you let it. It will pass if you stop the suicide talk. It will stop if you allow a doctor to guide you to the appropriate strategy for temporary relief, and not think you know which anti pain works best.

You are smart, but hardly a doctor. Cite illness and give yourself more time for your assignment. A doctor will give you a note. Been there done that. It works... for a while, but maybe a few more days is all you need, eh?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 11, 2012, 07:07 PM
    I just dont know if i should live a pointless life (zwecklos), or end it, because it is of no ones use..
    Hey! You owe me a blog post -- your impressions of this site as a new member. I'm still waiting (patiently).

Apr 11, 2012, 07:08 PM
    Doctors note won't work :( never mind that.

Apr 11, 2012, 07:09 PM
    Hey! You owe me a blog post -- your impressions of this site as a new member. I'm still waiting (patiently).
    Yes, you are on my calender. 14th and 15th are for you
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 11, 2012, 07:10 PM
    yes, you are on my calender. 14th and 15th are for you
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Danke.
    Pets Expert

Apr 11, 2012, 07:16 PM
    I am hoping that when this calculation finishes, I will be the only person in a LARGE number of people, who has successfully engaged themselves in such .
    So you want to be in the elite group? Don't you want to live to see that? I know I would! Sounds like you're making plans for the future Sean.

I just don't know if I should live a pointless life (zwecklos), or end it, because it is of no ones use..
    If you're going to be among a very small group of people that can do what you do, then I fail to see how you're zwecklos. Du bist nicht zwecklos! You are of use to yourself, and you've found friends here. If you give yourself even a little bit of a chance, and stop being so hard on yourself, you'll find someone special.

Despite the fact that you're too judgmental of yourself, too hard on yourself, if I were single, I'd date you. Since I'm not single, I'll offer my friendship, and I hope you accept it.

I need to practice my German. In fact, I need to write a letter to my family in Germany that's long overdue. So you finish your work, you finish the commitment you made to WG, and then you can proofread my letter. Deal?

I'm not letting you off the hook that easy. I'm German. I'm hardheaded. You should understand that.

So get off your pity boat. You have a lot to do! :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 11, 2012, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I'm not letting you off the hook that easy. I'm German. I'm hardheaded. You should understand that.

So get off your pity boat. You have a lot to do! :)
    Poor guy. I'm German on both sides, 100%, 4th-generation American. He's in big trubble and up against a couple of frauen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I live in New Mexico, must I give boyfriend 30 days to move from my home. [ 2 Answers ]

It is my home, my name on mortgage, ALL utilities and etc are in my name, he pays about $500/mo to "help" that is all. No formal written agreement between us. I want him out as soon as possible.

I worked 3 days in Georgia and GA state taxes were taken out. I live in RI. [ 1 Answers ]

I worked 3 days only in Georgia and GA state taxes were taken out of my pay. I live in RI. What form(s) do I have to file?

Can a minor live with a friend for thirty days legally? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a minor live with a friend for thirty days legally?

View more questions Search