Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pppp1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 07:15 PM
    To live together or not?
    Hey.. Okay so I've been dating this guy long distance for about 6 months. Since we started dating, I've been down to visit him 3 times, and he's been up to see me once. I'm planning on moving down to be with him after graduation in may. We have plans to get an apartment together, because it will save both of us money... and it just seems like the smart thing to do since I don't really have anywhere else to live. I love him and he loves me... we have a happy relationship. But I'm worried that it may be a bad idea. How do you know if you're ready to live with someone?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 2, 2012, 07:19 PM
    We have plans to get an apartment together, because it will save both of us money... and it just seems like the smart thing to do since I don't really have anywhere else to live.
    This part of your post, and the fact that you asked this question to begin with, says it all.

You may be in love, and I'm not questioning that, but there's more to living with someone than saving money, and the fact that you have nowhere else to go.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2012, 07:27 PM
    The issue is, you have not been with him much, You know him from his best behavior on short visits, not every day life. It will take a lot of work and I would suggest that you understand the problems that will happen after you are together, every day, every night all week, after week.
    jaffeyjoeblaze Posts: 157, Reputation: 16

Apr 2, 2012, 10:37 PM
    You 2 have hardly seen each other long distance, so what makes you think it will work if you move in together... a word of advice... it took me 3 years of a ld relationship and I decided I wasn't ready to move in together... so you need to figure out if this is right for both of you... it has to be for more than saving money... I would suggest moving into separate places and building a foundation for the relationship.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 2, 2012, 11:15 PM
    Too early in the relationship to think that living together will work out. Yes, you have known him for 6 months long distance, but you've only visited 4 times in total. Moving in together is a disaster waiting to happen.

As much as you may think you do, you both barely know each other. Does he sleep on the right side of the bed or the left? How about you? Does he put the toilet seat down, put the cap on the toothpaste? Do you?

These may sound like totally insignificant things, but sometimes they actually make or break a relationship. You need to take time to get to know him on a personal, real life, level before moving in together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My parent are divorced and I live with my mum but I want to live with my dad I am 11 [ 2 Answers ]

How old do I have to be to decide who I want to live with

Totally free live major league baseball games live online [ 0 Answers ]

I'm looking for totally free, no hidden costs, no gimmicks, no free trial only, no virus or malware, proven reliable online feeds for live major league baseball games. I just want to go to the site, click on the game I want to watch and simply watch the game. This is so much harder to find than it...

I live in ks. And live on soc sec. Can a credit card co get a judgement [ 3 Answers ]

I have two unsecured debts of $20,000 each. I live in Kansas and have only social security check for income. One creditor has filed a lawsuit, and one has threatened to get a lien against my home. The only assets I have are my home (with mortgage) and my auto (with a balance). A bankruptcy...

View more questions Search