Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ellyj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 04:04 AM
    Pregnant again, two kids already.
    I have a 8 year old daughter, 10 month old son, and have just found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant. I am just wondering how I will cope with my little boy being so young. I am still shocked, but excited that I am going to be a mummy again.

Advice please.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2012, 04:29 AM
    Congratulations!

There is 13 months between my eldest two, and it was tough going, both in nappies, a very wobbly toddler and a new born.

My biggest hurdle was the lack of sleep and getting out and about, a double buggy was a god send, but expensive, there are some very good second hand ones out there.

I got them both into a routine of napping at the same time during the day, that gave me a chance to do some house work or just sit and read a magazine, try and plan meal times, being organised is going to be key to your sanity, plus the routine will be great for the kids.

Try and plan some time with your 8 year old, with two small children its easy to lose the time in the day for the eldest child, even if it's a few minutes in the evening when the babies are settled.

Don't forget your husband/partner in all this, your both going to have to make a big effort to spend time together, even date night one a month, where to go to the movies or just a walk, just the two of you! Talk about what his role after the baby is born is going to be, its going to be full on in your house, all hands on deck!

I have to say it was hard when mine were small, by the time they got to 2 and 3 it got easier.

While your pregnant try and rest when your little one is taking a nap, with a family to care for its easy to put yourself last, try and remember your really important in your family, pamper yourself now and then if you can.

Bulk buy nappies!

Best of luck to you and your family, its an exciting time!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 2, 2012, 12:23 PM
    You cope buy getting more diapers, and bottles. I think your kids will do fine, and your son will be glad to have a playmate his age later. For now he doesn't have a clue... yet.

Congrats!
    ellyj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2012, 02:39 PM
    Thank you for your kind words and all the good advice that you have provided. I will be taking your advice and resting and things. My little lad is walking now so hopefully that should be much easier. I have been looking at double prams and there are some lovely ones out there. I will also be bulking up an buying nappies as multi packs, didn't think of that so thank you once again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Took Plan B last month and no period this month. Could I be pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

The second week of last month,my boyfriend and I had sex with a faulty condom. We were both a little worried so I took Plan B the next day. The rest of the month went by smoothly until about the 27th when I went in to the doctor for a blood test because my period still didn't come. Well, the same...

Is it possible to anovulation one month and get pregnant the following month? [ 2 Answers ]

I can't exactly remember when I had my last menstrual cycle and I have tested positive for being pregnant however I am now struggling with how long I have exactly been pregnant. Irregular cycles is very common for me. I have missed two consecutive months before.

1 month no period, 1 month spotting am I pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

August my period was late, September no period, October spot one day bleeding with lost of cramping for 1.5 days then done and now I'm spotting but only when wyping. My tubes are tied, I'm under lots of stress and my breast started to leak a little and I mean very little while in the shower today...

Landlord Requiring 2 month Vacating Notice on 3 month (month to month) lease [ 21 Answers ]

I am in a situation and am in need of some advice. I am currently renting an apartment in Minneapolis. I am doing an internship which only requires me to live here for 3 Months. I signed a lease with a complex on a month to month basis. I planned to Move out at the end of April, so on march 1 I...

View more questions Search