Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    info Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Store policies
    Hi this is my first time so I hope things go good just a couple of days ago I tried to bring back something to the store for my boy that was just bought 24 hrs ago the owner said we could return it then 2 minutes later he said no because we cut the price tag off but who doesn't went you attend to keep it he said it was store policies that you can't cut the tag off I asked to see this policy he said he did not have to show me.So my question is it not law that stores must display such a policy to the customer to be aware or does he have to take it back and what can I do to make him take it back ?will calling the police help?please help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Actually in general a store does not HAVE to take anything back after it is purchased. If this is a larger store you should have asked to see the manager, if this is a smaller private owned store, the owner can basically set the rules he wants.

And honestly more and more places have this policy because people buy things, wear them for a special occasion and then try and takethem back.

In many cases, walmart has this for many items all original packaging has to be there, every page of instruction book and so on.

It may be he said he would and then looked closer believing the item was worn, and said that to get in less of a fight with you.

Not sure of your area but stores have the right to set and follow or change their policies.

No police will not help you, this is civil not criminal,

You can try filing a small claims case against him in court.

So a note on all clothes you should try them on, before cutting tags off, it will be getting harder and harder in the future to return clothes with tags cut off. Also people can substute cheaper clothing for better clothing because the tags are cut off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Store [ 3 Answers ]

Is their a way a person can open their own store on the internet without eBay & without breaking the bank?:o

Can mtg contract imply policies if not specifically addressed in th [ 1 Answers ]

If a mortgage contract does not specifically state that a payment cannot be deferred, or has no reference to deferring a payment, can a mortgage company state that they have certain policies in effect regarding to this matter, then later state that the policy quoted was 'not real' and that they do...

ITunes Store [ 2 Answers ]

Last night I decided to take the plunge and buy my first songs from the iTunes music store. Although the process was smooth and there were no problems buying my music... I was extremely dismayed to see that every song I bought was encoded in Apple's protected AAC format at 128kbps! I can't begin...

Accounting policies [ 1 Answers ]

Are these policies by a firm reasonable according to GAAP? 1) 2 managers spent almost all of their time supervising the construction and development of a hotel and training its staff. When the buildling was completed, the building, plus the managers' wages were capitalized as the cost of the...

View more questions Search