Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cadillacjack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2012, 06:07 AM
    My Coleman furnace cycles on & off rapidly with marginal heat
    My Coleman furnace is a pilot light model with limit switches. First it calls for heat the burner comes on then the fan limit closes & the blower runs for about 1 second. Then 1 minute later the fan limit closes & the blower comes on, again for 1 second. This cycles on & off all night. The main gas burner is always on as long as the temperature on the Digital stat still calling for heat. I replaced the limits. Could there be a problem with the new blower limit being set too low a temperature range. The old & new fan limits show 110 degrees with a 20 degree rise stamped on them ? Could I have a defective new fan limit?

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Gives Heat but Cycles Frequently [ 16 Answers ]

OK, Labman and others proved very helpful in the past with my ignitor problem so now I have another question: How long should a proper furnace run between cycles? I have read about the flame sensors and "limit switches" but I'm not sure if this is related to either. My heater seems to go...

Furnace cycles on & off but very little heat [ 0 Answers ]

The fan comes on, then it cycles down, I can hear the pilot light click, then the roar of the furnace as it starts to light, then a loud click & the whole thing starts over again

Coleman 18.6 kw furnace has 4 lugs with round fuses 2-40 amp for fan and 2-60 amp for [ 1 Answers ]

Coleman 18.6 kw furnace has 4 main lugs for power 2-40 amp round tube fuses 40 amp for fan and 2-60 amp round tube fuses for element what size wire and breakers do I use to wire this thing up the diagraphm is faded away

Coleman electric furnace/heat pump. When elec heat comes on, it will not shut off. [ 1 Answers ]

Last week when I got up for work I noticed the house warmer than normal. I found the electric heat strips still energized. Tstat was set for 70 house was 74. I do hvac work but deal with air handlers, chillers and small boilers, only residential when its mine. Anyway, I asked the guy at Johnstone...

Furnace heat cycles on/off [ 1 Answers ]

We have an old furnace,not quite sure how old.It is a Bryant Quietair.I noticed tonight the burners would light,stay lit for a few seconds(30-40secs.),then go out,and then relight a few seconds later.The fan is running throughout the whole process like it should.This goes on constantly.What is...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.