Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msplb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2012, 04:37 PM
    Can I have funeral visitation in my own home, in Ontario?
    I live in Ontario. Can I have funeral visitation in my own home, rather than a funeral home? Just like in the old days?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2012, 04:50 PM
    I do wish I could answer your question with specificity. In the US you can... the only restrictions applying to burial site.

Somewhere I have information on an organization advocating for in-home visitation including corpse preparation. I'll try and find that although not certain it will be applicable to your location.

In the meantime perhaps someone more versed in your local jurisdiction can advise.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 31, 2012, 04:55 PM
    It's OK to ask a local funeral home even if you don't use their services. They know all the laws.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2012, 05:31 PM
    Joypulv cut right through the problem. Any local funeral establishment can, is capable of, and required to advise of the legal requirements. By far your best and most available resource.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happens if nobody will sign for the funeral home of an estranged family member [ 4 Answers ]

What happens if nobody will sign for the funeral home of an estranged family member

Do I have to have funeral home arrange cremation? [ 10 Answers ]

I live in Canada, Ontario to be specific. I do not wish to have a formal funeral through a funeral home. Nor do I wish to purchase a casket. I wish to be cremated, but avoid the embalming proceedures and expenses. I presume when I die I would end up in the morgue at the local hospital. Can I...

Funeral Home [ 8 Answers ]

Can Funeral Homes in NY request autopsies on a dead person? I was told that and I am verifying. I thought only Coroner's or Medical Examiners could do it. Thanks

View more questions Search