Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 02:34 PM
    Removing a plate glass window
    I have a plate glass window 27" x 48" that I need to remove in order to repair the frame.
    How should I go about removing it to minimize the chance of me breaking it?
    I had to replace the other side last year after my daughter broke it, so I already know they aren't cheap.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2012, 04:35 AM
    What is window mounted in wood, metal, vinyl?

Buy or rent a set of window suction cup. Can get at most big box stores. Also wear gloves to protect hands.

It will take 2 people to remove it.

After removing window stops and cutting from caulking, pull window out from top and lift. Put in safe area.

Chuck
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Apr 2, 2012, 09:19 AM
    It's mounted in wood, Thanks Chuck I think I can handle that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glass block window [ 4 Answers ]

During Hurricane Irene, we had water permeate the mortar in our glass block bathroom window. What do we do to make sure it doesn't happen again?

Removing a sole plate nail [ 3 Answers ]

I removed a sole plate and there is a heavy duty nail or anchor sticking up about an inch. It looks different from a regular nail but it has to be removed to continue with flooring at the same level of the previously installed tile which is going to be repaired and installed to complete the...

Window glass for fixed glass opening [ 3 Answers ]

Added openings to wall in studio apt. Material is wood frame stucco, with wood jambs, interior is pigmented plaster. This has an adobe look and plaster will terminate at glass with no visible moldings. Opening size is approx. 12" x 40", will bed glass in resilient glazing. What would be the choice...

Ceramic plate stuck in glass pot- Don't know how to take it out! [ 2 Answers ]

Recently, one of my children were washing the dishes and placed a small, ceramic plate in the glass pot to make room for the other dishes. Later, when he was trying to take it out, he pushed it so that it was stuck mid-pot. We emptied out the water that was stuck in between the plate and the bottom...

View more questions Search