Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonlite Posts: 90, Reputation: 3

Mar 30, 2012, 01:31 PM
    How should I proceed with invention idea ?
    I've been working in my field for a long time and I came up with an invention that has a great potential. I discussed the idea very privately with very close friends and coworkers and everybody agreed my idea should succeed. Creating the product itself is a rather simple process which makes me very careful as to how to proceed. Anyone can copy the idea very quickly, especially if they have cash on hand. What is the best way to proceed with this so that nobody can "copy" my idea and beat me to what could be a life-changing venture ? Should I seek help from the state's patent office first or consult a patent attorney, etc ? Thanks.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 01:36 PM
    Go immediately to your public library and check out a NOLO book (or similar publisher) regarding inventions and patents from the ground up. You will read about the things to do and in what order.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 01:38 PM
    You will file a patent on your idea.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 07:54 PM
    Good ideas, while you are following this good advice also try this for $ .50. Poor Man's Patent

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New invention idea [ 6 Answers ]

I am a retired 64 yr old man on disability and Need financal help in a new security lock invention for the home or business! I want to build a proto type and get it on the market. Checked a couple online site that say they help but they want up front money. To reserch my idea, and want me to...

I have a prototype of my invention, how do I get a patent to protect my idea [ 1 Answers ]

I have never written a patent before, how do I get help? How do I know who to trust not to take my idea?

I am a Medical writer, want to work from home. Any Idea how to proceed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Iam a medical writer from India, with bachelor qualification in medicine. I have experience in writing patient narratives for clinical trials. Is there any opportunity to work from home? Please help me out in this regards... Ganesh

New Invention Idea, help getting funds for prototype [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anyplace I can go to get help financially with getting a patent and getting the prototype built? My idea is a car that drives itself, not by mag rails embedded in the road, but by computer system in the car.:)

View more questions Search