Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brickleyjl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2012, 10:20 AM
    Corporation paying for personal employees
    I work at a 501C3 organization run out of the director's home. The corporation pays for an employee to provided daycare/nanny services to employees. However, when the director was going to hire a personal housekeeper, she instead extended the hours of this employee so as to be her personal housekeeper (laundry, cleaning of bathrooms, mopping floors, etc.). The "Nanny" is supposed to be available for use in the office (during naptimes) for tasks such as stuffing envelopes, preparing mailings, etc. Unfortunately, when asked if I can assign a task to the Nanny, she is usually too busy with personal tasks for the director. Case in point, today she is unavailable to help in the office because "she's way too busy getting the house and furniture ready for us to paint this weekend."

I was also wondering about a second issue. Our co-director's husband is a database designer who designed our database (for pay as a consultant). The database is now becoming out of date and needs to be updated to meet current technology demands, however the designer does not personally own the equipment or software necessary to complete the task, so the director told him to just go buy the new computer and software and we'll just pay for it (this will become his personal computer).

I am new to this corporation, and I know they are small, but after 15 years in business, these do not seem like appropriate expenditures. Am I mistaken??

Check out some similar questions!

In non profit corporation, what benefits employees can get? [ 2 Answers ]

In Illinois Not for Profit Corporation, can employees get insurance, wacations, yearly bonuses, IRA contribution and how is it calculated? Where can I find those informations?

When a corporation holds their board meeting can they stop employees from attending? [ 10 Answers ]

I work for a company that is a corporation, once a month they hold their board meeting with the officers, can employees attend this meeting and put their 2 cents in or can the officers stop the employees from attending? If employees can attend where can I find info in writing that says the board...

Paying Salaried Employees [ 4 Answers ]

When paying Salaried Employees if they normally work Mon through Fri and no weekends, when you pay them for just a day of work do you divide it by the 30 or 31 days or 20 days?

Personal medical info on employees [ 1 Answers ]

If a small companies policy is to have every employee inform your safety coordinator and leader of what and all medicines if they have a warning to inform them of what you are taken what the warnings are and what doctor prescribed them... and them keep a log in case of an emergencie situation... Is...

Personal medical info on employees [ 2 Answers ]

If a small companies policy is to have every employee inform your safety coordinator and leader of what and all medicines if they have a warning to inform them of what you are taken what the warnings are and what doctor prescribed them... and them keep a log in case of an emergencie situation... Is...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.