Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rachelj96 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Newly Wed.and nothing going on
    Hello, My husband and I have been married for about 6 months now. That would be all well and good except that because of circumstances out of our control, we needed to move in with my parents for about a year. That has not been a big problem. They give us our space and respect our position and how strange it must be. My husband really likes his work right now and spends most every waking moment on his computer. That also wouldn't bother me except, that recently, it literally has been all he does. The problem is, he's completely ignoring me. We don't touch or kiss anymore. We don't work in the same room anymore, because he " needed more space". And worst of all we no longer have sex. In fact, the last two times we've tried(which was 3 weeks ago) He literally stopped half way through saying he "just wasn't in the mood anymore". That as you may expect made me feel pretty rejected and I haven't tried again since. So he still spends every moment he has on his computer. I've tried to talk to him about how I feel and all he can say is he's just feeling depressed right now and doesn't know why. I want to help him, but every time I say anything I get the impression he doesn't want my advise. I don't know what to do. We're supposed to be newlyweds, unable to keep our hands off each other. But every night we exchange a quick greeting, then its lights off. I just want my husband back. I want to feel needed again.
    needurhelp Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Mar 3, 2007, 11:30 PM
    I read your posting and just wanted to say that I can relate.. I have been married for almost 3 years now and when we first got married things were fine and then very quickly died down.. About the same time where you are at.. I have found that talking didn't help... Action was better.
    Some men like it when women take control of a situation... Dont let him say that he is too tired and not in the mood.. take control of the situation.. try to seduce him.. I understand that you are living with your parents and may not have all the privacy you could.. but talk to them and see if you can have the house for and evening or even rent a hotel room.. when there is a will there is a way..
    I guess it really all depends on the type of man that he is.. my husband grew up in a home where affection was not displayed in public, but when I spoke to him about my feelings he just said that he needed me to teach him to be more affectionate and sexual.
    Try something new.. the worst that could happen is that he will tell you that he is not in the mood... and you've already been there so why not give it a try

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GFCI Trips with newly spliced fountain pump [ 5 Answers ]

I am nearly exasperated trying to splice in a new fountain pump. Here's what I did: 1. bought a new pump (190gpm), cut the cord near its plug 2. threaded the power cord through the bottom of the fountain "tub" 3. spliced it to the power cord which runs under the rock patio to the gfci outlet....

Newly married [ 1 Answers ]

I recently got married and my new husband knows about me contenplating filing for bankruptcy. My question is how will my filing bankruptcy going to effect his credit. I live in the state of Illinois so I need to know about Illinois law in this matter

Newly married to non-resident, need tax help! [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently married and my husband is not from the U.S. He has begun his application process for residency and work permit, but this process takes a few months, so in the meantime, I am supporting him. How does this effect our 2006 tax return when we file? Is there anything I need to know?...

Selling a newly acquired business [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a business aprox 6 months ago and it was not a good decision. There is no way to boost sales and the equipment is old and falling apart. This was purchased as per my father's encouragement and he signed as a guarantor. Now I want to sell and get out of this mess. I financed through...

Newly Built Computer Problems [ 9 Answers ]

Me and My Friend are building a computer for my girlfriend and when we put all the pieces together and started it up everything worked(Fans, HD Booted, Floppy, CD DVD Roms,LEDS) The only thing that won't seem to work is the monitor. We first Tried plugging it into the video card that we put in then...

View more questions Search