Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aniccawendy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 07:16 PM
    Power of attorney fees in Canada.
    I am 68 and preparing my will and power of attorney documents and 2 of my friends have agreed to act as power of attorney for health issues and financial issues if necessary before my death and as executors after my death. My lawyer is drawing up these documents and will act as trustee of a trust for one of my beneficiaries. The lawyer and my financial advisor and accountant will be available to instruct my power of attorneys and executors and as such will charge their usual set fees. There is lots of information about what these legal fees are but I have been unable to find information pertaining to reasonable and fair compensation for my executors and POAs who are not professionals and will not be beneficiaries. I would prefer an hourly rate to be agreed upon and written into the legal document rather than a percentage since the possible amount of work and responsibility involved is unknown. I live in B.C Canada.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 29, 2012, 07:24 PM
    Fees for such services are usually based on the size of the estate, not an hourly rate. These guidelines may help:

An Overview of Estate Executor's Fees in Ontario

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power of attorney FEES [ 5 Answers ]

I have been appointed power of attorney over my aunt and uncle although I feel awkward I feel I should be compensated somehow for my time and travel expenses I had all the medical needs etc I amsearching for an assisted living home for them and all the red tape. We are 230 miles apart so its a lot...

Power of Attorney fees [ 4 Answers ]

What is a reasonable amount to charge someone for your services as theur POA? And would this be by the week, month or term of service?

View more questions Search