Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiggerella Posts: 184, Reputation: 13

Mar 29, 2012, 07:15 PM
    Are there places I can listen to cajun accents?
    I'm doing research for a novel I'm going to be working on, and part of it takes place in New Orleans. Since I live thousands of miles away, I'm looking for audio or video that I can listen to and get a feel for the accents/ways of speaking, but Google isn't being very helpful. Anyone know of anything other than the character Renee in "True Blood" that I can listen to?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2012, 07:20 PM
    Used to live there myself... :) Check out YouTube for "New Orleans dialects" or "Cajun dialect"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cajun Spelling [ 3 Answers ]

How do you spell in Cajun French "Way Back There"?

Cajun [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, Are their any cajun speakers in there fifties who preserved their language and still speak cajun with friends and family members? I am just an interested language lover who likes to learn about history of Louisiana cajuns and creoles. Thank you,

Cajun french from Louisiana [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, I'd just to like ask if there are anyone knowledgeable about the cajun culture. I understand the next generation of cajuns will possible loose their language since the elderly people are dying out. I think this unique american heritage deserves to be preserved.

The Cajun and his Gator [ 4 Answers ]

A Cajun walks into a bar with A pet alligator by his side. He puts the alligator up on the bar. He turns to the astonished patrons. 'I'll make you a deal. I'll open this alligator's mouth and place my manhood inside. Then the gator will close his Mouth for one minute. 'Then...

View more questions Search