Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wadudb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Tax return form for H1 and H4 visa holder
    Hi all,

I am a H1B visa holder, came to US in January, 2006. I am married and I have two children, one is born in US and another one in Bangladesh. My wife and one child have H4 visa (dependent visa). I have social security number but they don't have SSC/TIN.

Is there anybody can tell me how many and what type of forms I need to submit for our tax return? It is very complicated to me as this is my first time. I will appreciate you if anyone can reply my e-mail

Wish you all have a great day!

Wadud, Wake Forest University, NC
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 20, 2007, 11:39 PM
    Wadud:

The U.S.-born child should have been issued a SSN. Contact the Social Security Administration on this.

You need to complete Form W-7 for your wife and other child to get ITINs. These W-7s are submitted with notarized photocopies of their passport as attachments to your tax return. You will file jointly with your wife.

If you need professional tax advice, contact me at [email protected].

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Deduction for J-1 Visa holder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm in NY as a trainee (J-1visa). This year I had relevant medical expences (dentist), not paid by the health insurance. Can I deduct them? Thank you

Tax Return for H3b Visa holder [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine is currently working in th U.S on a H-3B visa. She has been advised that she can only claim back $602 of the $2335,62 in Federal Tax that she has paid in over the last year... is this possible ?

Tax Return for H1B visa holder -expenses- [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on H1B visa since this Oct. 2nd. My OPT expired on June 2006, so I went back to Japan and stayed there Until end of Sept. My company hold my position while I am gone since I was supposed to apply last year (Due date was so quick so I could not Apply, but company promissed they'll...

Tax for H1 and H4 visa holder [ 5 Answers ]

I am in H1b Visa, my wife came here in H4 visa in Nov 15, 2006. Can I fill 1040 for 2006 jointly with my wife so that we can receive 13000 standard deduction? She needs a ITIN? She can not have a SSN. Thanks.

How should a h1-b holder file tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

I got hi-b visa and arrived and worked in New York at November 1,2005. How should I file tax return? How many kinds of taxes should I pay? Which forms should I use? I only know the deadline of 2005 income tax return is July 17,2006. Thank you very much.

View more questions Search