Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimimimi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Charge offf
    I got behind on my mortgage payments and I made a payment and called to make sure thet got the payment and when I called them they told me that the account was paid off. So I was worried and called another number and spoke to some one and they told me that charged off. Can some one tell me what that means.
    wendyCA Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Feb 22, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Was the word "foreclosure" mentioned?
    i8nobettycrocker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mimimimi
    I got behind on my mortgage payments and I made a payment and called to make sure thet got the payment and when I called them they told me that the account was paid off. So I was worried and called another number and spoke to some one and they told me that charged off. Can some one tell me what that means.
    I believe this means they treat it as a loss, therefore showing on your credit reports as a deliquincy or bad debt. You might want to check with the credit reporting agencies prior to applying for credit, it could damage your chances. You shouldn't ever have to pay it back
    But it will damage your credit. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Charge of? [ 1 Answers ]

On one of my credit report one credit card said charge of? What does that mean?

14yr Old Charge Off [ 6 Answers ]

When I was in college I was pretty stupid with $, I loaned a CC out to a boyfriend who charged it to its limit ($800), and it was never paid. That was in 1992. After getting most of my debts paid off, this one dropped off collections... was still on my credit. I lived in a cash only world,...

Theft Charge [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, Yesterday I was charged with theft (under $5000), I stole a cover up and a mascara. I am just wondering if anyone has any idea of what I am going to be charged with, and if you think that jail time will be give. I am not entirely sure what the normal charges are, the goods I stole came to $23...

Under Or Over Charge! [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Know If The System Under Or Over Charge Without Using The Gauge.

View more questions Search