Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    icegirl1107 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 03:07 PM
    I think its because of they're religion I'm not sure so type an answer for me please
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 03:11 PM
    In 1951 the Watchtower stated the Witnesses were no longer to celebrate birthdays.

Is it proper to have or attend celebrations of birthday anniversaries?-F. K. Nevada. Such celebrations have their roots in pagan religions, and not Scriptural grounds. Some Bible commentators suggest that birthday celebrations may have had their origin in the "notion of the immortality of the soul." Watchtower 1951 October 1 p.607 Questions from Readers.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 03:43 PM
    Historically birthdays are not celebrated, In the days of Jesus, birthdays were not normally celebrated. They were not celebrated in the early Christian Church
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Apr 5, 2012, 12:51 AM
    Hi,
    This will help you to further understand why Jehovah's Witness do not celebrate birthdays.

Birthdays: The only two birthday celebrations spoken of in the Bible were held by persons who did not worship Jehovah. (Genesis 40:20-22; Mark 6:21, 22, 24-27) The early Christians did not celebrate birthdays. The custom of celebrating birthdays comes from ancient false religions. True Christians give gifts and have good times together at other times during the year.

What this is saying is the celebrating of birthday's comes from false religions. False religions do not please Jehovah God. Also the two birthday celebrations recorded in the Bible were not good and were very displeasing to Jehovah God. You can conclude that Jehovah God put those in there to warn us about the celebration of birthdays.

Beliefs and Customs That Displease God - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 7, 2012, 04:21 PM
    ... and in true cultist fashion they read into things that were not meant to be read into.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do Jews celebrate birthdays? [ 13 Answers ]

My son's birthday is coming up and his best friend is Jewish. Would it be appropriate to invite him to my son's birthday party? I can call it a play date and not sing happy birthday (he doesn't want a cake anyway).

Jehovah's Witnesses [ 39 Answers ]

Sorry but I WAS one of them, **** Can someone explain their religion to me. *** sorry I edited your post seriously. We respect the faith of all on here.

Jews / celebrate Birthdays, [ 1 Answers ]

Did the Jews in biblical times celebrate Birthdays, And do most jews celebrate birthdays to-day. :)

What are the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses [ 7 Answers ]

What are the beliefs of Jahova Witness that distiguish it from other denominations? Why can't they give gifts but they can receive gifts? Thanks Penny Princess

Which religion doesn't celebrate birthdays? [ 19 Answers ]

I brought cake to my sons class and a girl had to be pulled out because her parents gave specific instructions that their religion does not allow the celebration of birthdays. Actually her family does not celebrate any holdays. I was just curious to know which religion this is so that I could...

View more questions Search