Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soraya.n Posts: 54, Reputation: 5

Mar 29, 2012, 05:06 AM
    Why can't I open these MKV files?
    I downloaded a movie which is split in 4 parts and is in mkv format.kmplayer plays part 1 perfectly but other files can't even be recognized by the meteorite,Hjsplit or video pad editor... I even got the latest kmplayer but it keeps showing this error:no combination of filters could be found to render the stream... I thought the files might be broken or s.th so I downloaded them all for several times again.. but it didn't help!.
    Answer A.S.A.P please
    Thank you very much indeed
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 29, 2012, 05:08 AM
    If one is playing perfectly that would most likely indicate there is a corruption with the other files.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2012, 05:27 AM
    If VLC can't play them then they are corrupt.
    jeffcard Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2012, 08:27 PM
    The other files may be corrupt.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Oct 18, 2012, 08:34 PM
    Please explain in more detail. How did the files come? Four separate mkv files or four rar files with mkv inside. Were the rar files .rar, 001, part1 part2 what? I find when trying to get one file from a set of rars, 7zip works great using the drag and drop method (drag from inside 7zip to a waiting folder you create, letting 7zip decide how to extract.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Extract subtitles from MKV [ 1 Answers ]

How can I extract or join subtitles from/to MKV files?

Can't open files [ 1 Answers ]

Hey... while ago I had a problem with my computer so I installed windows again, then my computer used to work normal like a new computer.. but then again I had this problem that none of the mouse, drivers and etc worked so I installed windows again now everything works excpet I can't open any...

.that files - how to open [ 3 Answers ]

I received an e-mail with .dat files. They are photos. I cannot open. Suggestions?

How to open Files [ 3 Answers ]

How do I open a .dat file in Windows Vista?

Can't open files [ 1 Answers ]

I can't open files by double-clicking them from folders, though I can through the different softwares.

View more questions Search