Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hollowleg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2012, 02:56 PM
    Will Mexico customs refuse me entry because I'm on probation? Already have permission
    I am on probation for a felony charge. I have obtained permission from the judge as well as my probation officer, and was issued a travel permit, so I am not worried about getting in trouble for going; however I was told to contact the mexican consulate to make sure I don't have any problems getting into mexico. The woman I spoke with at the consular office said that while on probation a person can't enter Mexico, but she then proceeded to explain that it is up to the immigration officer at customs to decide and that I could have the embassy here send paperwork, etc. Basically she gave the impression that its not a definite that I would be refused. I have done extensive research trying to find definitive info stating that I would be flagged when they scan my passport (which I do in fact have). I have read so much conflicting statements where people say mexico will do a criminal check and I'll be sent back home, and then others that say they've gone without a problem. I am traveling with coworkers on a trip awarded to me for high achievers at work, so I would like to avoid the embarrassment of being turned away in front of people I work with. Does anyone know if mexican customs would see that I'm on probation when they scan my passport and then refuse me entry? Thank you!

Check out some similar questions!

How tough is customs if I am on felony probation [ 2 Answers ]

I am on felony probation for driving without license (4th conviction) I won a trip to bahamas for my children and myself. Probation does not allow me to travel outside Florida. Trip is from ft lauderdale to Nassau and back 3 days later. Will Customs get me on re-entry? Do they check everyone or is...

Can customs or airport see if you are on probation? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm going to jamaica and wanted to know if your on probation but have the youth offender status, can the airport/customs see if you are on probation? And do they check everyone's background? Or do they do it randomly?

If I have a warrant, will I be detained going through customs going to Mexico? [ 2 Answers ]

The warrant is for probation violation. Didn't pay my fines on a DUI charge because I did not have income. Will I get detained at customs when flying into or out of Mexico?

Car with lien in Mexico without bank permission [ 2 Answers ]

I faxed full coverage insurance info to the bank but they now claim they never gave me permission to take the car to Mexico. Since that time I have been unable to make payments and they are looking to repossess. I might be in Mexico for an indefinite period and just alerted the bank to my exact...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.