Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 28, 2012, 09:58 AM
    2003 Ford Windstar - Not starting
    The other day, I started the vehicle and attempted to drive out of a parking lot, the vehicle was running very rough and eventually died and since that day, I have not been able to start the vehicle.

I thought the fuel filter was clogged so I replaced it, however, when I blew through the filter, there was no apparent restriction.

In the engine cabin, there appears to be plenty of fuel in the fuel line. I sprayed the intake with ether, and the vehicle started and ran for a few seconds.

So there sits the van and I really need to get the beast back on the road.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2012, 10:23 AM
    . Test all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. Check for codes.

. Check for fuel. Can you hear the fuel pump run, when the ignition switch is turned to ON? If so, turn the ignition switch to ON, until the fuel pump stops running. Then, turn the ignition switch to OFF. Repeat this process two more times, to fully pressurize the fuel rail. Now, turn the ignition switch to START and see if the engine fires up.

. Replace the Iridium spark plugs (Motorcraft only), if they have not been changed in 50,000 miles. Don't skip the rear plugs.

. Replace the ignition coil and spark plug wires, if they have not been changed in 100,000 miles.

. Replace the Camshaft Position Sensor and the Crankshaft Position Sensor, in that order, if the problem persists. Try starting the engine, after each sensor is replaced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Ford Windstar - squeaking sound from engine & stalling? [ 11 Answers ]

Under suggestion of a friend, removed belt to diagnose if problem was alternator. Removed serpentine belt & started van. Squeaking continued, so not related. Removed valve cover to check oil pressure/presence & it appears to be good. Unsure of what to check next, cannot pin point where the...

2003, Ford Windstar [ 2 Answers ]

Lucky me, My battery died and I had to get it jump started. When I got to the parts store, good news, the battery was under warranty. Bad news, their diagnostic machine showed an open diode in the alternator. Their solution is to replace the alternator. I'm curious as to whether I could...

2003 Ford Windstar [ 1 Answers ]

How large of a task is it to replace Tie-rod ends(?) and lower ball joints? Are there any sites I can visit to get more information?

2003 windstar not getting fuel [ 1 Answers ]

Good morning everyone My 2003 Windstar is not starting, it turns over but won't start. I ran a diagnostic on it and got these 3 codes (P0171, P0102, P0174). Any ideas on what it could be? One more question what fuse is for the fuel pump? Thanks batoutohell

2003 Ford Windstar - Road Noise [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I have been away from the world of auto mechanics for many, many years. I have a 2003 Ford Windstar van that the driver's side front tire was replaced because the tire that was mounted was losing air. The replacement tire seems to be causing a loud roaring noise in the van's cabin...

View more questions Search