Ask
    kashifalcatel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2012, 12:44 AM
    Why steel volume not include for the estimation of concrete
    When we calculate the quantity of RCC.why steel quantity not add Concrete
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2012, 04:01 AM
    You can do that if you desire. For example, in a 3 foot cube ( one cubic yard of concrete), if you had 3 rows of one inch rebars both ways, the volume of the steel would be about 0.67 cubic feet, or about 2.5% of the total volume of the 3 foot cube. For small jobs, it is insignificant and some waste will be experienced because the producers work with minimum amount orders etc.
    For large quantities and/or very heavily reinforced sections (say 100 cy), one can save several hundred dollars by considering the volume of the resteel but the savings have to be weighed against the risk of running short at the end of the pour, which would negate (probably by far) any savings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the strongest way to bolt box steel to a concrete wall? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it better to bolt through both sides of the box or counter drill and bolt just the side flush to the wall?

Disassembling steel frame RV/carport & concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

Hello there! My husband and I are about to buy a house that has a fairly unattractive (in my opinion) RV/carport that is probably 20'x50' built with a steel frame on a concrete slab that we neither need nor want. We would like to either disassemble it and sell it, OR sell it for less and have...

Thickness in making a pressure vessel with mild steel or stainless steel? [ 1 Answers ]

Which one requares more sheet thickness for making a pressure vessel, mild steel or stainless steel?

Carbon steel, mild steel and stainless steel [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between carbon steel, mild steel and stainless steel ?

View more questions Search