Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiffers01 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2012, 07:55 PM
    I lost my virginity and I'm worried
    I had sex for the first time yesterday and it didn't hurt and I didn't feel anything really, we used a condom... I started bleeding that night I don't know if it's because I lost my virginity or it's my period. I'm just really worried and don't know want to think. Please help
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2012, 07:59 PM
    It's normal to bleed after the first few times of having sex.

If you continue to have sex I strongly suggest you start using other methods of contraception along with condoms, i.e. birth control, depovera shot, Nuva ring, the patch... something to protect you from an unwanted pregnancy.

Since you are also starting to have sex I suggest you start seeing a gynecologist (assuming you aren't going yet) and start getting regular pap smears and discuss methods of birth control.

Sex is a responsibility you need to be sure you can take on. Sex can bring diseases and babies and sometimes both at the same time.

Mar 27, 2012, 08:16 PM
    I also been feeling sick today and I'm wondering why I really didn't feel anything
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2012, 08:16 PM
    If it is time for your period, it could be your period, you will know if your period continues.
    It is also common to bleed after sex like you did , that night. And may even the first few times.
    I would hope there were plenty of foreplay to make it enjoyable to you also.
    Expert

Mar 27, 2012, 08:18 PM
    Your hymen was already broken and there was plenty of lube. Most reason you did not feel much.

Mar 27, 2012, 08:25 PM
    I heard if you play sports your hymen can brake that way is that true?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 28, 2012, 05:07 AM
    What do you mean by not 'feel anything'? Are you still bleeding? If so how heavy is the 'flow'? Is it time for your period to start? Does the blood look like your normal discharge for beginning your period?

Yes, the hymen can be broken through sports or other activities such as climbing a tree, jumping rope, etc. A little publicized fact is that some women are born without one.

Were there any sensations during foreplay before he put the condom on? If you lost sensation after penetration, you may want to talk to your doctor about being sensitive to latex and/or the spermicide/lube used. For some women it can cause a numbing feeling instead of a burning/itchy feeling.

As for feeling 'sick' today, are you worrying enough to make yourself feel ill? How are you feeling sick? Could it be allergies, flu, sinus, etc. If you relax and calm down do you feel better?

Mar 28, 2012, 10:13 PM
    Its my period so I'm worried that much anymore but I just been really depressed and I read that girl became depressed after losing there virginity. I might have lost my hymen from playing softball my whole life... My my tummy still feelw weird , maybe I'm just scaring myself... There were no sensations during foreplay.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 04:38 AM
    One of the first things to do is calm down. Being upset or worried will cause your body to react in negative ways. How do you normally calm down when you are nervous or worried?

You probably have a couple of things working together to make you feel 'sick'. The first being physical activity that you aren't used to doing. During sex you used muscles in a very different way than is normal for you. Also during penetration his penis may have been pressing into one spot causing a sore place (not quite a bruise.) Next you have started your period. Which is probably causing some cramping of the same muscles that just got a new work out. On top of that, you are worried about depression, not feeling anything, etc. which can cause you to tense up and be aware of every little difference.

There are people who do have a difficult time with the thought of losing their virginity. The cases I have heard about generally occurred because of the circumstances such giving it up 'just because' instead of waiting for someone they really cared about, the other person being more about their pleasure than their partners, it didn't turn out to be as pleasurable or 'special' as the person thought it would be, they weren't ready for sex, etc. They also tend to not have anyone they can talk to about their feelings and keep them bottled up instead of letting them go. Do you have someone you can talk to face-to-face who can give you verbal and physical feedback?

Now about 'no feeling', do you masturbate and is there sensation then?
    Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 04:45 AM
    Agreed, you would be depressed only if you did not really care for the boy and was doing it because you were pressured, did not really want to, or did not do it for a love. Or afterwards he has not been there like you thought he would. Or you just don't understand the emotional issues this often has on a girl.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Lost My Virginity.. [ 9 Answers ]

Ok So this Story Is So Long But Please Read Until The End Because I Really Want to Know. Last year When I was 13 I Lost My Virginity To My Biggest Crush Omgg He was So Cute He was In my class And He always Flirted with me but I never knew it Would Come out to this - Ok so Summer Came He Had texted...

Virginity lost [ 3 Answers ]

I lost my VIRGINITY this summer to a guy, back in early July. Or at least I think I did, (I didn't see any blood or notice that my Hymen was torn) I had unprotected sex with him for about 30 minutes, but It was mostly Oral & Vaginal sex. It had been 6months on the 12th of January and my body has...

Have I lost my virginity [ 16 Answers ]

Want to know if I lost my virginity... had this time things was moving fast and we were kissing and touching etc we didn't plan on having sex... things got heated and well the tip of his penis went in and I stop it there... have I lost my virginity?

View more questions Search