Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rgirton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2012, 05:54 AM
    Bryant Heating Question
    I can't keep the flames going on my Bryant furnace. I have two units, upstairs and downstairs. Upstairs is working fine. Downstairs- I followed the instructions to "relight", the coil got hot, the flames came on, but after a few seconds shut down. It makes two or three attempts, then shuts down altogether. Although after leaving my thermostat at 70, the blower comes on every now and again. I went downstairs and its still attempting to fire up, but again shuts down. I adjusted the "heat anticipator" to 1.0 based on an earlier question/answer I saw, but that still didn't fix it. Any suggestions?
    mechcon Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 12:50 PM
    Try cleaning the flame sensor .Should be located in front of the burners with the ignitior( the one that glows when trying to start)on one side and the flame sensor on the other ( with one wire attached to it) remove and clean with fine sand paper or scotch brite pad. Reinstall and check operation.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2012, 04:16 PM
    If you have no flame start up at all on the furnace you have dirty burners or a bad gas valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to turn on Bryant termostat/heating? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband turns off somehow our Bryant gas heating so that termostat screen goes blank. I spent a couple of hours trying to find how to make it work again but did not succeed... Help please...

Bryant heating evolution thermostat troubleshooting? [ 2 Answers ]

New system (installed 6/2009): 2 zones, Bryant Evolution Control thermostat. Control panel regularly shows "system malfunction" reading with several "active events" recorded, although heating continues. Certified Bryant repair person here several times, but can't determine the problem. Says the...

Bryant furnace not heating [ 3 Answers ]

We recently purchased a house. Initially, toasty warm Bryant furnace (using propane). This morning it is not working! No heat! 10 degree temps outside! I hear the motor running, but the fan is not blowing anything. Earlier this morning it seemed to be blowing cool air, now there is...

Geothermal heating and cooling bryant vs carrier [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am having geothermal heat/cooling put in. In my proposal, it lists- and I paid for a Bryant GTP-50YDVO49JCB301 4 ton forced air heat pump w/desuperheater and a Bryant GS-W O601CFCS 5 ton hydronic heat pump to be installed. Yesterday, a Carrier 50YDV049JCB301 was brought in. I noticed the...

View more questions Search