Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaffeyjoeblaze Posts: 157, Reputation: 16

Mar 27, 2012, 03:44 AM
    Is my coworker attracted to me or pursuing me?
    So I have a new female coworker who I have spoke to and got to know on an entry level basis... she has met my girlfriend through another coworker's birthday party, a girls night out party... so she met her and briefly got to know her...

So come to find out she mistaken me for another male coworker on the team and mentioned how she met the girlfriend... the male coworker was confused and mentioned how her facts were wrong and referenced how she met my girlfriend... so as I got to know this female coworker, she never mentions how she met my girlfriend and kind of hints around the subject asking why I moved to this location... then I mention my girlfriend and all of a sudden she tells me how she thinks she is a good person... so from here on out she asks questions about my relationship and we seem to have from time to time good conversations about little things about favorite beers and exercise and making each other laugh etc etc, then I find out from another source she thought I was cute...

Luckily she is only around for an hour during my shift, therefore I will stay out of trouble lol
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2012, 05:24 AM
    I read a blog here. What is your question? Is she pursuing you? No, in my eyes she's being friendly.

If you have to avoid contact with her in order to stay out of trouble you have a problem, not her.

Mar 27, 2012, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I read a blog here. What is your question? Is she pursuing you? No, in my eyes she's being friendly.

If you have to avoid contact with her in order to stay out of trouble you have a problem, not her.
    OK good that is the answer I'm looking for, and I didn't mean it literally about being in trouble... she is attractive don't get me wrong but I know better not to create anything outside of a work relationship

Apr 17, 2012, 12:58 AM
    UPDATE: So I have found out from a source that she said 'its too bad that he is taken already' as in regards it is unfortunate that I have a girlfriend...

MODS: if you would like you can push this topic to Relationships...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2012, 05:10 AM
    I still don't see a question.

Apr 17, 2012, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I still don't see a question.
    Lets see, there is a question at the subject line, and that is why this subject might be a better fit in the Relationships section, rather than Workplace Relationships...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 17, 2012, 09:56 AM
    I think it's fine in this category because it's a typical situation at work. Force yourself to treat the relationship casually. People need to let off tension at work in little ways, and it's often flirting. And you have no idea if 'too bad he's taken' means anything or is just flattery, being coy, enjoying messing with your head, or who knows what.
    Oh and most important: can you risk losing this job over a workplace flirting that goes in the wrong direction?

Apr 17, 2012, 09:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I think it's fine in this category because it's a typical situation at work. Force yourself to treat the relationship casually. People need to let off tension at work in little ways, and it's often flirting. And you have no idea if 'too bad he's taken' means anything or is just flattery, being coy, enjoying messing with your head, or who knows what.
    Oh and most important: can you risk losing this job over a workplace flirting that goes in the wrong direction?
    No, to answer your question... but thank you for your opinion

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have a case? How do I go about pursuing, if so? [ 6 Answers ]

I was in a line of about 7 cars pulled off to the side of the road during a high speed pursuit. 1 of the police officers in pursuit, lost control, hit my car, and kept going. NO ONE, even the officers not involved in the pursuit, left the scene without checking on me. Long story short, there was in...

Sleeping with my ex but didn't know he had married! Why is he still pursuing me? [ 6 Answers ]

After ending our relationship we continued making love all this time. Recently he has been trying to arrange a romantic encounter. I knew he was in a relationship w/the girl he cheated on me with,but he never talks about her. I had 2 tell him they were living together. We have an intense chemical...

A female coworker coworker and husband to friendly at his work [ 2 Answers ]

This female coworker sends him filthy jokes, flirts with him, he is saying things about our personal home time to her , she has called him and he her , she doesn't even come over to talk to him when I am around. I am sure there is something going on. What do you think?

Is this worth pursuing? [ 4 Answers ]

I googled my name (who hasn't). My local news paper has a printed and internet version of a "squall line".. basically rants and raves in regards to community affairs. Back in September, I sent in a letter to the editor in regards to our local property tax issues, which was printed with my name....

View more questions Search