Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shawn1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2012, 09:29 PM
    My girlfriend wants a break, need some help!
    So I have been with my girlfriend for a year. Everything was going great between us, never any fighting and always got along. She had been having some stress at work and also found out she might have a health problem. She started to become distant and I asker her about it. She said that when she becomes stressed she shuts everyone out so she can deal with the problem. We talked one night and everything seemed great. The next day she tells me she needs a break. She told me that she really loves me and that she has no complaints about the relationship. She said the break has nothing to do with us but with her trying to get things at work right. She said that she would still call and text me but I have not heard from her in about 2 weeks. Should I just assume that we are done?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 25, 2012, 09:54 PM
    You probably should. Most of the time, a break is just a way for them to break up without coming out and saying it. I would say that since you haven't heard from her in 2 weeks, it's probably over.
    Jimmy78 Posts: 85, Reputation: 21

Mar 26, 2012, 05:09 PM
    Been there done that leave and find someone that doesn't want to take a break. I played that game and hurt myself with my ex-girlfriend, they want the best of both worlds playing the boyfriend role for her but you can't be the boyfriend. Go No Contact and if she comes back tell her to kiss your .
    ldd12 Posts: 20, Reputation: 7

Mar 27, 2012, 06:12 AM
    I just recently went thought the same thing as you about a month ago. It was the first experience I had with someone wanting/needing a break, I went into no contact with him and considered it over. No contact is the best thing for you, continue doing what you're doing, stay in no contact, keep busy, and clear your mind.

jaffeyjoeblaze Posts: 157, Reputation: 16

Mar 27, 2012, 06:26 AM
    Just let it go... these life altering events can cause people to change in many different ways... dont blame her and don't resent her... but understand that its time to move on and you did all you could... cut all ties
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 27, 2012, 10:29 PM
    Should I just assume that we are done?
    Hell yes, and you should have assumed it was over when she asked for a break, and just disappeared and became unavailable for BS, drama, or confusion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend needs a break, wants to be my girlfriend again, but feels she can't. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, A month ago I found out my GF lied to me about a picture she sent me around the time we started talking online, almost 2 years ago. Since then we started dating in the real world and the picture never came up again. Until I found out through a friend she wasn't the girl in the picture. ...

Just had a break up with my girlfriend.should I let her go? [ 5 Answers ]

Here goes... one day I went out with my girlfriend and then my parent went kaboom cause I've been going for three days straight.so when my texted I went panic ( my girlfriend was next to me) so I panic so then ask her to reply my mom.then she became mad and goes for the silent treatment on me.after...

My girlfriend said she needs a break [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend tonight told me that she wants 2 weeks. She says she's still committed to me and still loves me but she wants to take a 2 week break from the relationship to see what happens. She said she wanted to slow things down a little. She also said if we don't get back together we will still...

When I'm apart from my girlfriend I want to break up with her [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 23 y/o girl in a relationship with an amazing 21 y/o girl. Everything is going well. This is the first relationship I've been in that's fulfilling and that my friends and family finally LIKE who I am dating (I was in a 3.5 yr relationship with a very controlling, manipulative and...

Girlfriend of year and half wants a break/break up [ 14 Answers ]

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting hopefully you guys can help me out here. I have been with the same girl for on off about 3 years now. The most recent time we have been going out has been a year and a half and now all of a sudden she wants a break/breakup. I guess I kind of saw...

View more questions Search