Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babyg103 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2012, 02:07 PM
    Forgetting my girlfriend's past
    Well I'm 18 years old and the person I'm with rite now is 23 and me and her have been together for a year already and its hard to forget about her past because its very nasty and disgusting and its very dirty because I was a vergoin when I met her and she was my first but then after that she told me about hr past which made me feel disgusted with myself because her ex girlfriend are all ugly ugly and when me and her were first together she started talking to one of her ex girlfriend and I found that messed up because why would she do something to me that she knows will hurt her if I did it ?I'm just really confused ad hurt ?I'm very insecure I admit but I'm really not ugly like I look like a model but I don't like it but she is just so nasty for foin those girl and I feel like she just used me like me and her are far distance relationship but when we are together we forget about everything and it pops up only once but when not together I think about it. Al the time and I tried breaking up with her lik 6 times but I love her and I can't but I'm just real hurt any advice plzz?I'm really hurt?I want to. Get over her past please help.
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Mar 26, 2012, 09:16 AM
    I'm sorry you're going through this, but seriously it sounds as if you're more in love with being in love than you are with this woman. When you truly love someone, words like "disgusting" and "dirty" don't enter into it, and you don't go to strangers to find out how to get around your dislike for the things you know about her.

The fact that you keep going back to her speaks more about addiction and fear of being alone than about love. You need to make the break once and for all and find someone you can love all the way to the bone. This woman isn't the one for you no matter how wonderful she might be. You can't stand things about her, and that's not a basis for a long-term relationship. It's not her past that's standing in the way; it's that she's not what you want but for some reason you can't just let her go and find someone more like yourself.

I hope you can get past this. You're burning daylight while there are other relationships out there that would make you much happier.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 26, 2012, 10:13 AM
    Why do you feel sex was or can be dirty or disgusting. It is sex.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 10:58 AM
    You sound judgmental and very insecure. You've only been with her for only a year and you already tried breaking up with her 6 times-- that doesn't sound like love.

Your girlfriend deserves to be with someone that respects her and knows that the past it the past--- and simply move on.

Sounds like to me you need to grow up and let your girlfriend go for good now. I would hate to be in a relationship where I am judged for what I did before... that's not love.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 11:57 AM
    This is all you, you need to have some self control over yourself, and you need to cure your insecurities. Maybe it is time to be single and work on yourself, before you can try to work at something with other people involved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forgiving and forgetting the past mistakes of your boyfriend. [ 3 Answers ]

SO my boyfriend and I were on a break but still practically together and he promised he would never cheat on my or be with another girl no matter what! Well I caught him with a huge *** hicky on his neck and was so pissed. He tried to use the excuse that he was drunk and I told him that's no...

Forgetting the Past - Should I? (Long one this!) [ 1 Answers ]

I love my wife dearly, I have done since the day I laid eyes on her. All of a sudden I feel like I'm having a nervous breakdown as I keep going over the past and can't let it go. For a bit of background - We started seeing each other while I was going through a divorce. We would see each other in a...

Trouble forgetting my girlfriends past [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of you could help me out a bit. I've been with my girlfriend nearly 4 months now, and up until about 5 weeks ago, it was going amazing. Let me just tell you that we live away from each other at the moment, as we met over the internet, but we see each other...

Forgetting my boyfriends past [ 6 Answers ]

Hi My boy friend had two girl friends before me and they both dumped him time to time. He was so much in love with them. Now some times I feel that he used to love them more than me. I always keep on fighting for both of them. We are planning to get married but I keep on irritating him for...

Forgetting the past? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok well I have been struggleing to help my boyfriend forget about his ex girlfriend and I was wondering if there's something that I could do to help him through this. Its been awhile since they broke, he was only 15 at the time and now is 17. His ex girlfriend would have been 16 at the time.What...

View more questions Search