Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1234lol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2012, 09:54 AM
    In Illinois after a lien is place on a bank account can you still deposit money in th
    In Illinois after a lien is place on a bank account can you still deposit money in the account and will that be attaced to the lien or can you use it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 25, 2012, 09:57 AM
    It depends on how the writ of execution was worded. Some writs will specify a one time attachment of the balance, others may specify an ongoing attachment until the bill is paid. You need to get a copy of the writ to see.

Also the judgment holder can keep filing new writs if they are limited to the balance.

P.S. Please be more careful in your choice of topic. I've move3d this from the Children forum since it has nothing to do with that topic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lien against money in a bank account. [ 2 Answers ]

If I opened a bank account in my sister's name with money I received through benifit's as a result of our mother's death.Am I able to put a lien against the fund's that are in the account due to miss use of the fund's?

How do I place a lien against an international bank account [ 1 Answers ]

I wired funds to a bank account in Singapore as a deposit on a ProForma invoice. I never received the goods. Can I have a lien placed on that acount?The Singapore bank has branches in the US.

Lien on bank account for seniors with SS direct deposit [ 1 Answers ]

My parents are 78 years old and on Social Security a fixed income. They receive a check every month and it is directly deposited into their account. They paid their mortgage and bills from that. Today they checked their account and found out that there was a judgement lien on their account for...

I won a case, how do I place a bank lien. [ 4 Answers ]

I went to the defendants banking institute (I don't have his account #) and showed them the judgment where their customer was mandated to pay me the $3500 they stole from me and the bank told me I had to hire an attorney to place a bank lien. Is this true? Is there a way to place a bank lien...

View more questions Search