Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jarena Posts: 6, Reputation: 5

Mar 25, 2012, 05:56 AM
    Fear of planes?
    For some reason I have a huge fear of planes. I don't know why though. I really need to get over this fear because I don't want to fear traveling. Any suggestions?
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Mar 25, 2012, 06:59 AM
    Jarena, phobias are the bane of Man's existence! Yours is not at all unusual. I strongly suggest that you find a counselor who specializes in phobic issues. I had a therapist friend who did wonders for his patients by 1) getting them out running, as the aerobic exercise tends to lower anxiety and increase endorphin production, and 2) introducing them gradually to the target of their phobia. For instance, he took a young man who was afraid of elevators and had him first stand in front of one while other passengers safely went up and down in it. Then he had the young man get on the elevator and off again several times. That was followed by on with the doors open, on with the doors closed, up one floor, down one floor, and so on until the young man was fine with elevators. That type of behavioral therapy is what's commonly used to bridge the gap between phobia (which is an irrational fear) and reality (which might include some real fears that can be overcome).

I wish you luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Line of intersection of two planes [ 1 Answers ]

The line in which the planes x + y + z = 9, and 2 x - y - z = 3 intersect, is 3 x = 12 (or x = 4)... Is that true of false? so what I figure out that the line for these two planes to intersect is line={4,5,0}+ t{0,3,-3} = {4,5+3t,-3t} So from these on can I separate them out...

Can you change planes in 30 min? [ 4 Answers ]

OK so, this summer my family and I are going to canada. We live in Ohio so we are flying out of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. We r flying Continental Airlines. So we could not get a non-stop flight so we are first going to fly to Houston. ( I know not exactly near Calgary, Canada. But,...

2 Planes Traveling in different directions. [ 9 Answers ]

Original Problem: Two Planes leave simultaneously from Chicago's O'Hare Airport, one flying due north and the other due east. The northbound plane is flying 50 miles faster than the eastbound plane. After 3 hours, the planes are 2440 miles apart. Find the speed of each. So what I know is East...

Ww1 planes [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone tell me how much a Fokker Dr. 1 plane cost in ww1. I need it for a History class please help. Ive looked all over and can't find the answer:(

View more questions Search