Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mohanpadma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2012, 10:20 PM
    Botany dictionary
    I would like to know botanical names of trees, plants, flowers, etc to teach my son. Where from I can get ?
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

May 23, 2012, 07:09 PM
    The library, a bookstore, the internet? I'm not into doing the shopping/searching for you, however...

Botanic gardens with gift shops will have the best beginning to technical plant identification guides for amateurs, professionals, gardeners, and farmers. Taxonomic keys are used by professionals - it takes considerable training to use these. Picture books are easier. Consider the types of plants you are interested in - native plants, local plants, crops, weeds, grasses, garden plants, orchids or oaks. There will be a book on it.

If you don't have a local botanic garden, try a museum, or your local university bookstore, especially one that teaches natural history or botany.

The internet is a great resource for plant id.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Botany question [ 0 Answers ]

What is the order of tissues found in a segment of a three year old stem starting from the outside and moving to its center. Include both primary and secondary xylem/phloem, pith, cortex, vascular and cork cambiums, epidermis, periderm. Explain how “ray (parenchyma) cells” are formed through...

Scholarships for masters in botany [ 1 Answers ]

Am an international student where can I get scholarship to do a masters degree in botany?

Investigatory project in botany for class xii cbse [ 1 Answers ]

Could u helpme in choosing a simple investigatory project for class twelve practicals cbse... convinent if the project is simple n easy to make

What is the application and update of botany? [ 4 Answers ]

Do you guys know any?please reply...

View more questions Search