Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2012, 01:11 PM
    I am trying to find my birth parents --- (Facebook Question)
    My name is Mary and I'm adopted. Is there a way to find my birth parents? My adopted parents are deceased. I was 9 days old when the foster family took me. My last name used to be 'Clark'.

I was born in Burlington, Vermont. No remaining family know anything. I haven't checked County records yet.

This question asked on the AMHD Facebook page. Any answers given will be posted back as 'AskMeHelpDesk'.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2012, 01:15 PM
    If I am reading this correctly you were placed in foster care at 9 days old and later adopted by another family.

The only way to find your foster and/or birth parents is to post on one of the many sites which allow people searching for children or parents to post all the info they have with the hope that someone will recognize the situation and answer.

Your records are sealed. I doubt a search of County records would yield any info. Occasionally an original birth certificate be located (and you do know your birth name) but that's usually due to an error. An amended because is filed when the adoption is finalized.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 05:29 PM
    If this was many years ago, they still posted births in the local newspapers and sometimes you can match up info. You mentioned foster parents, so there may be info from the foster care system.

Next with the name Clark it is harder, but you start calling everyone with that last name in the area, and see if they know anything.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 07:46 PM
    There is a really great sticky about searching for birthparents or children placed for adoption on the AMHD Adoption boards. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adopti...on-401680.html

Generally the ONLY way you can go through the courts is to prove a medical need for the information. Otherwise, your best bet is to post as much information as you have on reunion websites and hope that your birthfamily is also looking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find out my birth parents [ 1 Answers ]

I would love to receive pictures of my birth parents. I was born in Morristown, NJ. Born in All Souls Hospital now called morristown hosptial. I was born January 23, 1958. My mothers maiden name was Patricia Ann O'Connell. I do not know my birth fathers name. I know the records are sealed. ...

How to find my birth parents [ 3 Answers ]

I'm am a 12 year old girl named Riley. I live in Nevada and was born in Las Vegas. I don't know anything about my birth parents, I don't even my real name. Is there still hope for me?

I want to find my birth parents [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to find my birth parents I was August 4th 1975 in Duncan Memorial hospital in Fort Worth Texas and adopted from the Edna Gladney Center I am female.

Find my birth parents [ 2 Answers ]

I am 23 years old and I know the name of my birth parents but not the family history that I would like to. How can I do this for free?:confused:

I want to find my birth parents [ 20 Answers ]

Hello everyone, A few weeks after I was born I was adopted out of some Tenessee Hosiptal (I don't know the name but once I find out I will post in this thread) my mom and dad now have no idea where they live or if they even moved It just bothers me I use to get really upset and I use 2 cry...

View more questions Search