Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maureen88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2012, 12:06 PM
    How do I set my timing with a timing light on a 95 Accord?
    How do I set the timing with a timing lite on a 95 accord
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 12:54 PM
    Have you ever done a timing adjust before, do you know the BTDC degrees? How to Adjust the Timing in a Honda Accord | eHow.com
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2012, 01:25 PM
    1. Start the engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.

2. Adjust “Final Idle Speed” to 700 rpm, using the idle speed adjustment procedures above.

3. Turn off engine and all electrical systems.

4. Jump the Service Check Connector (SCC) with a paper clip.

5. Connect positive inductive timing light lead to the positive battery terminal.

6. Connect negative inductive timing light lead to engine ground.

7. Connect inductive timing light lead to the No. 1 spark plug wire.

8. Start engine.

9. Using the timing light, rotate the distributor, after loosening the three 12 mm mounting bolts, until timing is set to 16 degrees BTDC* on the crankshaft pulley. 16 degrees BTDC should be the middle of the three clustered hash marks on the pulley. Align middle hash mark on pulley with pointer above. You may want to take chalk or yellow paint and highlight the hash mark first.

10. Button everything up.

11. Remove the BACKUP fuse for 10 seconds, in order to reset the computer. Record any radio codes first.

*D15B7/D15Z1/D16Z6 engines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I set timing on '91 Honda Civic [ 14 Answers ]

How do I set timing on '91 Honda Civic

How do you set the timing on a 18.5 hp briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

Won't run it had a bent push rod and we changed the whole head now when I hit the key the fly wheel just spends I think the timing is off and I'm not sure how to go about setting it should I take the engine off and then go from the bottom to get to the timing chain or go in through the head? I...

How to set the timing on an 87 honda civic [ 0 Answers ]

My timing belt was broken and I replaced it, the car won't fire up now the timing isn't set right.

I changed the timing belt on 92 honda accord put all timing marks where they belong [ 2 Answers ]

I changed the timing belt on my 92 honda accord, put all timing marks where they belong. But the car won't start. It sounds like it wants to start but it does not.

Set timing on a s82 [ 7 Answers ]

I replaced the base gasket on my John Deere S82 now it will not start. I was told the timing might be out. How do I adjust the timing? I have spark and fuel. Any ideas?

View more questions Search