Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karlhosp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Maytag Performa Washing Machine
    The machine's tub will not turn. If it might be the transmission, how do I test it? The motor is good ( I took the belt off & the motor works fine.

Thanks for your help,
    Karl
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2012, 04:21 PM
    tilt your washer back and take the belt off, then turn your transmission pulley both ways, one way will make it agitate, the other way should make the tub turn, if the tub doesn't turn then the thrust bearing is bad.
    Source: Appliance Blog

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Performa Dryer belt change? [ 2 Answers ]

This dryer is a little different from others. The motor is in the rear, and the front is very hard to remove. I have the top off, no problem, but can't reach the screws holding the front on. They are way down the side, and access is very limited. To remove the hinged front cover, the top screws I...

Maytag Performa PAV3200AWW Washing Machine Noise [ 1 Answers ]

Recently this 7 year-old washing machine started getting noisy throughout the agitation cycles and during the first part of empty/rinse cycles. This screeching noise sounds like bearings or transmission gears (definitely metal-on-metal), and it's quickly getting worse and louder. When the spin...

Leaking (intermittent) Maytag washing machine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag washer (model # MAV6057AWW). It has two main problems which are both intermittent: 1) sometimes I find a large puddle of water under/in front of the machine. It might happen once every month, or two days in a row. 2) more often than the above (but not all the time) it labors...

Maytag performa washer stopped spinning [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I was washing a load of laundry and I heard what I can only describe as a nasty grinding noise coming from my washer. I lifted the lid and noticed that the cloths inside weren't spinning. I checked this by closing the lid, and reopening it every few seconds, and the cloths were in the...

View more questions Search