Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hon222777 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2012, 03:58 PM
    Custody battle help please
    I have an issue with my ex not letting me see my daughter and now she is taking me back to court to get my rights to my daughter taken away I have never done anything wrong to them I have paid child support everyweek I just don't ever get to see her cause they always have plans or just not home and won't answer phone when I call is it possible for her to do this and still try to get my daughter taken away I make too much for a state aid lawer but after they take out child support I can't afford one either so I'm going at this alone
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 23, 2012, 04:04 PM
    Is there a child visitation order in place? If so, why have you not filed to find her in contempt.
    If there is not one, how come?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 23, 2012, 04:10 PM
    You have to fight her in court. You need to get a formal visitation order where you have scheduled visitation times. If you have one, you need to take her to court to enforce it.

It is very hard to get parental rights terminated. What grounds does she have to so?

Mar 23, 2012, 04:15 PM
    We have one I'm suppose to get her every other weekend and 1 day a week my daughter has dance and girlscouts on weekends and I live to far away to take her so I let her go and only get to see her on holidays

Mar 23, 2012, 04:19 PM
    They do have dance and girlscouts during the week but all my daughters friends go on weekends so its hard for me to tell her no and not let her go and weekends she doesn't have that stuff there's always a party or something she has to go to I recently had to take her to court for child support I had an accident was out of work for 4 months tried to get it lowered so I wasn't so far behind and they denied it that was Tuesday now today I get served with these papers
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 23, 2012, 04:20 PM
    So you choose not to see her. Sorry, she misses dance every other week, and girl scouts every other week. That is what happens in families with visits.

We have at our school special karate classes and dance classes on Saturday that we started just for dads who have their kids on weekends or every other weekends.

Sorry you are making excuses why you have chosen not to see the child. So now the mother will show you could have seen child, but did not care ( or want to or what ever they say) in court.

Mar 23, 2012, 04:26 PM
    I agree with Chuck. You are a big part of the problem here. If you live too far away, you move closer. You take her to dance and go out for dinner afterwards. I can understand you thinking it will make you the bad guy if you force her to skip her activities, so you work with them.

Mar 23, 2012, 04:36 PM
    I guess trying to keep my daughter happy is bad than I am a problem but I do understand what you 2 are saying If I could move closer I would I am married with other kids and if I move any closer ill lose my job and her mother won't allow me to take her to these this like I said I will drive 2 hrs to pick her up and she isn't home and won't answer my calls. My daughter tells me she wants her mother to take her so I let her anyway point is is this grounds for makinng me sign over my rights to my kid I really don't want to

Mar 23, 2012, 05:54 PM
    That's not what I'm saying. But in trying to keep your daughter happy, you are losing her. That is a decision YOU are making. You need to try to work it out more with the mother. Make appointments in advance for when your daughter doesn't have activities. And if the mother doesn't make the daughter available you take her to court.

And no, this isn't grounds to get your rights terminated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody battle [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am a mother of a beautiful little girl and I need help getting her back into her mommys arms.. Please give me advice on what to do... I do however share legal joint custody with her father but there is no getting through to him... Please help.. :(:(:(:(:(:(

Custody Battle [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently in talks with my wife about getting a divorce. I live in Mississippi. She left our home with our two children. One is a step daughter and one is my son that we had together. We've been married for almost 3 years. She's been divorced 2 other times before I met her. For the last...

Custody battle [ 8 Answers ]

8 years ago a woman gave my parents a child he was only 1 year old no legal papers were signed and she has never supported him in any way. Out of the blue she went and got him for school he is now 9. What are my parents chance on getting him back?:(

Custody battle [ 1 Answers ]

I am a mother of three from a previous marriage, went through the divorce- with him the primary me with custody and child support, he hasn't been providing a stable safe environment for the children, which they were temporarily placed in my care(by DFS) while the investigation has been going on,...

View more questions Search