Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2012, 01:55 PM
    Traveling to Italy for 1 week
    Hello all, I have been lost to real life for several years, but am now back to ask a question. I will be travelling to Italy this upcoming October. We are flying into Rome, spending three days there, travelling to Florence (Chianti) and spending 2 days there with a half day travel to Pisa, and then finishing our trip in Venice for a day and a half. Could anyone suggest some great B&B type places to stay in Florence? I would love to stay just outside the city in Chianti maybe so that we can see the Tuscan landscape, but also easily make it into Florence for the touristy things. I am also looking for a place in Venice, but may have found the perfect place at Ponte Chiodo Guest House. I am waiting to hear back on their availability. While in Rome, I believe we are going to try the Daphne Inn. So if anyone has information on this place as well, it would be very helpful.

Also, Our trip home (to the states) has us with a long layover in London! We have 11 hours to waste, and are not intending to get a hotel, so we are looking for late night activities after 8pm but close enough where we get back to London Heathrow easily. Our plane leaves out again at 7:45 am. Any suggestions? Would love to get a glimpse of Big Ben or the Eye, but we aren't sure how close these are, or if we can access the tube... We have never been to Europe, so we are just eager to suck up as much as possible in our short time.

Thanks!
    jj28 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 03:26 AM
    I suggest Airbnb.com for finding a great place to stay in Florence.
    tombourlet Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Jun 1, 2012, 06:02 AM
    I honestly don't remember where I stayed, but I can tell you I booked it through Book Cheap Package Holidays | Late Deals | All Inclusive Holidays from Directline Holidays and it did the job perfectly!

I would recommend while you're there, take a cheeky trip down to Pompeii! You can see mount Vesuvius (I think I spelt that right), an amazing volcano which is still alive, and you can see all the ruins of when it last erupted.

Sorry I couldn't help more, but hope you enjoy your travels!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

You have 30 customers week 1, 55 week 2,and 80 week 3, what would you project for wee [ 7 Answers ]

You have 30 customers in week 1, 55 in week 2, 80 in week 3, what would you project for week 4. I did just basic math and came up with 105, but I think there is some kind of equation or formula that I need and just don't know what it is.

My employer considers me salary on a 50 hour work week and pays me a rate of 700 week [ 1 Answers ]

My employer considers me on a 50 hour salary ,paying 700.00 weekly ,but if I only work 48 or anything less than 50 hours a week they pay me only straight time ,what I'm saying is that if I work 45 hours they pay me 45 hours straight time ,I'm just wondering if that is legal

I haven't had a period since around the last week of January. Twice this past week my [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 17 and I haven't had my period since like the last week or 2 of January. My periods are very often irregular and hard to keep track of. Twice this past week my boyfriend and I have tried to have sex. Both times the condom had broken shortly after we started. Both times it broke outside of my...

2 week on property now served a 2 week eviction because mgr refuses to sign lease [ 1 Answers ]

Can a management company refuse to sign the lease document even though you signed and was given permission to move-in by district manager of company? She decided that she didn't want me to stay even though I passed all of the criteria of the property. She found out that I had emailed a ex...

Italy [ 2 Answers ]

English speaking and in Italy here...

View more questions Search