Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billiepidge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2012, 03:30 PM
    Mixed Feeling on my relationship
    Helloooo!

Hre is my dilemma:

I am only 19 and I currently work full time and study part time, I have massive dreams, no desire to have children and I don't like staying in the same town for more than 2 years (usually)

I have been with my partner for a little over 2 years, we got together when we were 17, our last year of high school. I decided I was going to uni in another city and because he loved me so much (and loved him but I certainly did not make him come with me) he moved with me and we moved in together.

Of course that was hard, we had a crappy flat, he couldn't get a job, so I was working, studying and being a first time in house girlfriend.
    I decided to stop studying and we got a new place, he got a good job etc and everything was okay.

We have been through a lot and really are best friends, we are constantly told by our friends tha we are the 'ideal couple' which we laugh at because we know we are far from perfect. Because we have been together so long, I am now really close with all his friends, his family and he is extremely close with mine.

Every so often I get what I like to call 'single tingle' where I don't want to be in a relationship and I just want to do me - I don't want to worry about anyone else. I am fiercely independent and have been told I am a bit of rock (emotionless)at times.

I get this single tingle every few months, it usually goes away as I tell my partner and he realises he is doing something wrong that makes me feel this way or I am. But this time, I went away for a weekend without him and I partied with all his friends (now mine, but his first) I did not cheat on him as I have strict morals against it, but I did get really weird feelings that I was attracted to other people that were way stronger than usual!
    I got back from my trip and didn't tell him how I was feeling, but within a few days I did - we talked it over and I realised life would be really sad without him, I would miss him and I wouldn't like it if he started dating other girls plus vice versa for him. He always tells me he loves me and he wants to be with me as long as possible - I did feel like that, but now... it feels expired.

The tingle isn't going away this time. I want to move away and study, plus study abroad volunteer, all that kind of thing. I feel like I need to find out who I am (cheesy!) before I settle right down. I have major mixed feelings at the moment! So I would appreciate an outsider point of view - everyone who I can talk to will have a biased answer.

I would appreciate some major honesty!

Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2012, 03:41 PM
    You've never had time to be "you" or find out who you are. I won't lecture or say all the yadda-yadda-yadda stuff. I will say this -- I've always regretted that I didn't travel and do stuff as a single after I graduated from college, but did the back-then normal and expected thing of getting safely married (during the dark ages of human history).

You do know what I am about to say to you, what my advice is, don't you?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2012, 12:13 AM
    You have a decision to make, and no matter what you decide its going to hurt you both for a while. Do what's right for yourself while you can, or forever hold your peace. If you don't, you will hate yourself, and anything that stopped it from happening.

Maybe you didn't ask him to follow you, but you darn sure let him, didn't you? Don't make that mistake again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mixed feelings in a relationship... [ 2 Answers ]

I am in a relationship for the past year, had our ups and downs, small fights were always a part of it. During the past month, I've had mixed feelings about this relationship. He is 25 years old and wants to get married in the next 2 years and has told all his family members about me. I am just...

Getting mixed signals in my relationship [ 9 Answers ]

My potential wife went to Costa Rica for 10 days with a girlfriend of hers. She sent me 2 emails in 10 days saying she's too busy to write but she misses and love me so much. She took an emergency cell phone in case she wanted to call me. Not once did she call in 10 days. I tried several times...

Mixed feeling after breakup [ 7 Answers ]

It 's been 8 months since I broke up from a 7 years living together relationship. I was the one asking him to leave and he left. The first few months after the breakup I was doing just fine, I tried to move on with my life well so I thought I haven't heard about him we haven't talk since the...

My boyfriend says he has mixed feelings about our relationship. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, Last weekend, My boyfriend of 2 years told me that he had mixed feelings about our relationship. He only confesed to this after I found out that he had been communicating with this girl via his FB account. Not very explicit but definitely sexual innuendos betwwen them. He said that he...

Mixed feeling with ex-boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

It's been almost a year since my first post and I haven't been on this thing in awhile but I'm starting to run into some problems again so leave a lot of comments cause they always help... Since the beginning of high school I've been with one main person but we've had 2 serious break-ups and we...

View more questions Search