Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earigsby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2012, 03:21 AM
    Laws protecting property owners when mortgage company moves mobile home off property
    My mother had a mobile home on our property and she recently passed away. There is a screened porch attached that my husband and I paid to have built. There is hard stucco all around the bottom of the home that will have to be broken up before the home is moved. The mortgage company wants to come get the home. Are they required to clean up the debri from the stucco and anything else and take it off and are they required to remove the porch in tact without destroying it?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 22, 2012, 03:26 AM
    ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

But my guess is that when repossessing the asset, they are required to do minimal damage, but not repair that damage. I would consult with a local lawyer on this. I doubt if there is law specifically dealing with this situation, so finding the applicable law will be difficult.

They might require that YOU remove the obstructions at your expense within a reasonable time. If you don't their obligation to not damage the obstructions may end.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 22, 2012, 04:18 AM
    I agree with ScottGem. You don't say who arranged to have the stucco, so that question is still open. I don't see them being liable for much at all except for damage to property not attached to the mobile home, and I would hire someone to detach the screen porch before they get there.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 22, 2012, 08:45 AM
    This is some sort of a chattel mortgage? Are they required to go to court to foreclose the mortgage on the MH? If so, the order should specify details about the porch, stucco, etc. If not, go back to court and get those details specified.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looling for mortgage company for a specific property [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find out if and who a piece of property is mortgaged through. I have history on the property, address, seller and buyer info.

Mortgage company wants to hold home owners insurance payment in escow. [ 1 Answers ]

I had a tree damage the roof or my home and cause over $37K in damages. My mortgage company want to hold the payment in escow and issue me the money after I supply receipts. I am current on my payments. Is this legal?

Shared drive way laws and property owners rights [ 1 Answers ]

We share our drive way with our next door neighbors and it’s frequently blocked by their vehicles and those of their guest. What legal rights do we have to prevent the neighbors for parking is the shared or the common space driveway, which creates problems? We have a two signs posted in the...

Locating mortgage Company on Property [ 1 Answers ]

I have an elderly woman friend who is in prison (she will be getting out in March)- her daughter sent, by mail, her a power of attorney to sign that will give the daughter control of everything - the daughter says she has to have the power of attorney in order to take care of the house because she...

Mortgage for Mobile Home with Property [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a financial instution that will give a mortgage for a 1975 Mobile Home and 1.2 acres of land with a detached 2 stall garage. Can Any one help?

View more questions Search