Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matthew8_ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2012, 02:39 PM
    Blower motor on an Amana heating and cooling unit
    I have a amana heating and cooling unit the problem with the ac is the blower will not kick on I mean it does every now and then but won't stay on the heater is the same problem but around the furnace part you can hear a buzzing sound but it goes off for a while I would really appreciate any help on this thanks
    mechcon Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 03:31 PM
    Sounds like the blower motor is bad . Check for power to motor. Power to motor but motor not running the usual diagnoses is bad blower motor.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2012, 07:13 PM
    True the blower motor can be bad. I would start with having the blower run capacitor tested at a local hvac company for free and see if its bad. If its bad buy the $15 or $20 part from them for testing it. When your run capacitor is bad the blower will have a hard time starting and if it starts it will over heat and shut off. A bad blower motor will have the same symptom but its always better to test the cheaper part first.
    mechcon Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 12:24 PM
    The symptoms given say no power to board. I have seen the clips that hold the door switch in break off and the switch not stay made or switches just go bad.. The n8mpn uses a fan control board not a fan limit . If no power means no 110 volt and there is no power to board as reported , the course of action I would follow would be to check for power backwards from the board.and see were it is found..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat goes on but no blower motor amana package unit [ 1 Answers ]

Heat goes on but the blower motor won't run on an amana package unit

Armstrong direct vent forced air cooling unit blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

I've got an Armstrong direct vent forced air cooling unit and my blower motor is shot. Is there an easy way to get it out, its stuck behind the cooling coils and it looks like the only way to get that out of the way is to cut the refridgerant lines. Please help

Auto/ on switch on Goodman/Amana Heating/cooling unit [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Goodman/Amana heating and cooloing unit (Model # PTC073B35AE) that is hooked up to a remote thermostat. What shoud the auto/on of the unit itself be placed at. It seems to be running too much and my elelctric usage is way higher than should be.

Rheem: Blower motor not shutting off after heating/cooling cycle. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a roof top Heating/AC unit that works fine except part of the time the blower motor keeps going after the AC or furnace shut off at the right temp:mad:. Blower Motor Relay? That's my choice but not sure. This model of Rheem is about 15-18 years old and can't find any info on it to replace...

Heating unit blower motor [ 2 Answers ]

The blower motor when out on my rheem furance the heating company told me it would be about 800.00 to replace does this sound about right please let me know joe 773-230-1148

View more questions Search