Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbaven Posts: 153, Reputation: -4

Mar 21, 2012, 10:40 AM
    Why does dentist say I need another root canal?
    When I was fourteen years old, I had a root canal done. Now I am 23 years old, and I have a new dentsit. My new dentist say I need a root canal, but the other dentist who my old dentsist refire me to a dentist when I was fourteen did the root canal. I have a new dentist because my other dentist cough was flat and not working for me.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 21, 2012, 10:45 AM
    My old dentist years ago did not do root canals. My dentist today does root canals in three or four visits including putting in the permanent crown if I need one. The last root canal I had was fun and painless!

Nowadays, dentists are better trained so they can often do root canals themselves, unless it is very complicated or infected.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2012, 03:26 PM
    Haven't you had all sorts of dental problems? Your user name is familiar to me.

If a root canal is done correctly the first time you don't need a second root canal - because the tooth is surgically dead. I have had two root canals, both done surgically by an endodontist, both done in one procedure.

Or are you asking whey you need a root canal in another tooth? I have no idea what " my other dentist cough was flat and not working for me" means.
    lbaven Posts: 153, Reputation: -4

Mar 23, 2012, 10:55 AM
    This for JudyKayTee for the same tooth that I had root canal when I was fourteen years old.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2012, 10:59 AM
    Then I would question the Dentist - a root canal is forever so SOMETHING isn't right.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 23, 2012, 11:00 AM
    Does that tooth hurt?

Why does the dentist think it needs another root canal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dentist says my 14 year old needs a root canal. [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 14 years old the dentist says he needs a root canal. My question is after he grows up and his mouth grows won't he need more work to the root canal and a larger tooth?

Why did my dentist put on a crown without a root canal? [ 5 Answers ]

Two years ago my dentist worked with my front incisors which had been broken in a freak pogo-stick accident when I was a child. Way back then, my childhood dentist told me one day the teeth might die and need root canals. Fifteen years later, I developed a blister over one of the incisors and...

Broke a tooth that has a root canal and dentist dismissed me as his patient [ 5 Answers ]

Recently I 'broke' a tooth that contained a large filling and a root canal. Because I have diabetes, leukemia and several other serious health problems, including low platlets, 40ish, my dentist of 18 years informed me that he didn't want me as his patient any long. I presume his liability...

View more questions Search