Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asap1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2012, 09:01 AM
    Garnish a bank account in Oregon
    I have been doing business with a company that is a llc in Oregon. They have allways paid me with checks from other llc companys.I filed a small claim on the company that I did business with but now it appears that they do not have a bank act.The other llc companys that I got checks from do have bank acts. Can I garnish the bank acts that I received checks from.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2012, 08:10 AM
    Did you get a judgment against them in small claims court?

If so, then you need to show the court that the bank account that they paid you from is "the same" as the company that you have the judgment against... and they will be able to show you how to file for a garnishment of the bank account.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 23, 2012, 10:02 AM
    You will either have to refile against all named LLC companies, hope you keep a list of who paid you.

Sounds like they change companies and names often, most likely they do this to scam people. < just guessing.

You have to show a connection in court between the other LLC and the one you sued.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnish bank account [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I have a joint checking account. We added our married daughter's to the account in case something happens to us. One of our daughther's owed money and the bank she owed the money to garnished our checking account. Is this legal?

Garnish bank account to satisfy judgement [ 4 Answers ]

I need some help please. I have a monetary judgement against my ex-husband. It was issued by a Colorado court, where we lived. My ex has moved to Arizona. He banks at US Bank which is nationwide. Can I take my judgement to a local bank in Colorado and seize the funds in his account? If not,...

Garnish bank account [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me if a utility company can garnish my bank account for a 1 year old bill not paid

Garnish alimony from bank account in another country [ 11 Answers ]

Can the Florida family court garnish my bank account in another country?

View more questions Search