Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 3, 2012, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    That's hilarious!! I love it! Wonder what he would have said if you said you didn't have a computer!
    Ooh, maybe I'll try that one next time.

The Mac thing really stumped him. Just fyi, I don't have a Mac. I wish! ;)

Okay, so next time (which will be later this week or next week at the latest), I'll either tell him I don't have a computer, or start talking in German. Maybe I should record it. :)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 3, 2012, 05:05 PM
    Alty, that is great. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 3, 2012, 05:06 PM
    I love playing pranks on these people. Fortunately, though, here in the US we have a Do Not Call registry that we can sign up for, so I don't get those calls.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 3, 2012, 05:08 PM
    I give them special and secret advice on how to improve their delivery.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 3, 2012, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Ooh, maybe I'll try that one next time.

The Mac thing really stumped him. Just fyi, I don't have a Mac. I wish! ;)

Okay, so next time (which will be later this week or next week at the latest), I'll either tell him I don't have a computer, or start talking in German. Maybe I should record it. :)
    Please and use German to tell him you have a C-64 that you bought in 1984. ;)
    Pets Expert

Apr 3, 2012, 05:09 PM
    We have a do not call registry too, but you have to have the phone number in order to stop the calls, and these guys always block their calls. :(

But it is fun to toy with them. That idiot had no idea that a woman was going to squish him like a bug when he called. Made me feel pretty darn good. :)

I can't wait to talk to him again. Round two coming up Habish. I hope you're ready! ;)
    Pets Expert

Apr 3, 2012, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Please and use German to tell him you have a C-64 that you bought in 1984. ;)
    LOL! Considering the fact that it actually took quite a while before he understood that my owning a Mac (which I don't) means that I don't use windows (and he's supposedly a computer tech!), I have a feeling that the C-64 comment would go right over his wee head. So would the German. ;)
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2012, 06:14 AM
    Good morning all.
    Well, I didn't get the job promotion :/... I guess it was kind of a long shot anyway. Grumble.
    Expert

Apr 5, 2012, 06:17 AM
    I'm sorry you didn't get it. Just means there's something better for you out there.

How is everyone this morning? Doing okay here. BP is soaring through the roof, can't take this headache much longer.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2012, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel View Post
    good morning all.
    Well, I didn't get the job promotion :/... I guess it was kind of a long shot anyway. grumble.
    Hey! Been there, and it feels like crap, however, they know your interested, if you really want it keep applying, same thing happened to me last year, I was gutted, but I worked harder, I got noticed by another organisation and got head hunted, now I work for them, and I love it, if I had got the promotion I would have never come onto the other organisations radar.

Pamper yourself later, I brought a cake when it happened to me and ate it while watching the biggest loser, ahhh, happy days.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2012, 06:23 AM
    Bloody hell J, mind yourself!
    Expert

Apr 5, 2012, 06:23 AM
    That's funny Red. You ate the cake while watching Biggest Loser? Too funny.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2012, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    That's funny Red. You ate the cake while watching Biggest Loser? Too funny.
    Cake is my cure all!
    Expert

Apr 5, 2012, 06:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    bloody hell J, mind yourself!!
    I'm trying to. Being as lazy as possible so that the meds kick in. Not doing anything that would increase my pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    cake is my cure all!
    What kind of cake? Chocolate? Carrot?
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2012, 06:46 AM
    Be careful J! And thanks. I'm going after the woman who did get the job's old position now. :D

Red - thanks! My fiance' said the same thing. I hate cake though...
    Expert

Apr 5, 2012, 06:51 AM
    Wishing you well Alka! What kind of work do you do?
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2012, 06:54 AM
    I work for the local sewer district, except I handle flood protection. We are in a valley and right next to a river, so flooding is common. I handle scheduling and customer service, invoicing and budget. Not a dog gone thing to do with my degree in design. Lol
    Expert

Apr 5, 2012, 06:59 AM
    Yeah and it's about to be the stormy season around here. Will that make you busier? Degree in design lol.
    Expert

Apr 5, 2012, 07:29 AM
    Looks like the dog forum has a new "expert" (sarcasm). Can't wait to see how this plays out.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2012, 07:30 AM
    Oh Yeah, we are gearing for it. March/April/may are always busy. Yeah I worked as a graphic designer for the paper here, but they started having trouble and I left. There isn't much design work in this city, unless you can work 14 hours a day, and that's just not conducive to being a mommy. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too old to realize I'm bisexual? [ 5 Answers ]

The first time I was attracted to a girl, I was 21. But I had a very sweet boyfriend and thought that relationship would last forever. I wanted to be faithfull so I didn't do anything. I did tell my boyfriend I could be attracted to women and he didn't mind. When we broke up, I didn't want to meet...

I tried 2 get her 2 realize how much I like her [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how 2 explain my problem so here's the conversation someone please explain to me how I can fix this problem: (she wasn't answering my phone calls and its been about a week since she did so I said this because I seriously thought she didn't like me but I realized it was...

How do you make your ex realize what he had? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 months. Everything was going GREAT, until a couple weeks ago. He wasn't acting like himself. I went over his house one night, and he told me things weren't working out and that he didn't want to be with me. I knew something was wrong, so I asked him why? He told me it was...

I realize some of you might think I am terrible for even asking this [ 3 Answers ]

But I will ask anyway. Money is tight and podiatrist is expensive. My son has an ingrown toenail. I'm pretty sure it's infected. We have been soaking in epsom salt, letting it dry then applying neosporin with bandaid. He is not having pain. I worked at a podiatrist office so I know how...

How to realize him that I love him [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship from past 2 years. We have decided that we will have a no emotion relationship. Mean there will be no place for emotion and love in our relation. Now he want over this relation. He will be no more in in my life. I started love him before sometime. But I am unable to say...

View more questions Search