Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 08:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DaniCalifornia View Post
    Aye i tried that before do not subscribe yesterday, i was still receiving emails ¬¬
    Basic question: Have you cleaned out caches, cookies, and history and restarted your browser?

If so, contact Ben. There may be a glitch in the system or between 'skins' again.
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Apr 22, 2012, 09:49 AM
    Yep, I had to install updates and restart last night
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Oh my gosh! Jasper - oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine your grief.
    Thank you Judy. You've been where I am now, and just recently as well. I think you understand my grief very well.

Frankly it still doesn't seem real at this point. I just saw Jared's winter jacket on the floor in the foyer. He always forgets to hang it up, it's black, like Jasper. For a moment I thought, hoped, that it was Jasper. He loved sleeping in the foyer. I usually had to step over him in the morning when I went into the garage for my morning cigarette. For just that moment I thought that maybe it had all been a dream.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2012, 04:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Thank you Judy. You've been where I am now, and just recently as well. I think you understand my grief very well.

Frankly it still doesn't seem real at this point. I just saw Jared's winter jacket on the floor in the foyer. He always forgets to hang it up, it's black, like Jasper. For a moment I thought, hoped, that it was Jasper. He loved sleeping in the foyer. I usually had to step over him in the morning when I went into the garage for my morning cigarette. For just that moment I thought that maybe it had all been a dream.

And you will hear his footsteps for a very long time - I do understand your grief. It will seem unreal for a very long time. I never know whether to put away all reminders, at least for now, or look at everything (collars, toys) on a daily basis and try to cope.

How are your children taking the loss? You have your own grief and watching them grieve must tear you apart again.
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Apr 23, 2012, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I just wanted to let everyone know that we lost Jasper today. We took him to the vet, there was nothing more they could do, and we made the decision to end his suffering.

Thank you everyone for being here for me when I needed you. I really appreciate all the support during this time.

We're on our way to Rod's cousins place, he owns a pet cremation business. Our second trip in 5 months. This doesn't feel real. I don't really believe it, but sadly, it's true.

R.I.P. Jasper. We love you so much, and we did the best thing we could for you. We ended your pain, your suffering. I hope you understand, and I hope that you're running around with Indy as we speak. I will see you again. I promise you.

Sorry for the loss of your loved companion Jasper. No words can help with the hurt, but know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Pets Expert

Apr 23, 2012, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    And you will hear his footsteps for a very long time - I do understand your grief. It will seem unreal for a very long time. I never know whether to put away all reminders, at least for now, or look at everything (collars, toys) on a daily basis and try to cope.

How are your children taking the loss? You have your own grief and watching them grieve must tear you apart again.
    Looking at pictures helps, but I can't get myself to look at his toys, collar, leash and stuff. That's too real. With the pictures I can at least pretend that he's still here. With the stuff it's very obvious he's not.

The kids aren't handling it too well. Yesterday Sydney spent the day crying, moping around. Jared handled it a bit better yesterday, but then today he broke down completely. We've had a lot of cries, hugs, and long talks. It's especially hard because we didn't know this was going to end up being the choice we had to make until we got to the vet and she said that there was nothing more we could do. At that time we decided to put him out of his misery. We never really thought that the kids might want to be there because they didn't want to with Indy. We wanted to spare them that. But when we got home without Jasper, and told them what we had to do, they were very very upset that they hadn't been allowed to be there.

But then, they really don't know what it's like. They'll have to face that one day if they decide to have animals in their life, but they shouldn't have to face it as children. Still, a part of me wonders if the reality would have been better for them to face and accept then whatever they think happened. Because we all know that sometimes we make things far worse in our minds then they are in reality.

Time will help heal. We all know that. But right now it's still very fresh, and very painful for all of us. It still seems surreal to me. I feel like I'm not even in my own body right now, that it's someone else going through this.
    Pets Expert

Apr 23, 2012, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildsporty View Post
    Sorry for the loss of your loved companion Jasper. No words can help with the hurt, but know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Thank you Wildsporty. Words can't ease the pain, but it nice to know that so many people care. That does help.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 23, 2012, 07:18 PM
    I know it hurts. He will always have part of your heart. It will get a little easier Alty, in time.
    Chardel Posts: 93, Reputation: 13

Apr 24, 2012, 05:12 AM
    Canada is nice this time of year. Just saying, since you want to be out of the country.

NO IT IS NOT!! Ask I write this it is SNOWING again... not cool. Well yeah actually it is, a little too cool, freezing in fact... On the whole though Canada is a prety good place to be and summer will be here soon enough!
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2012, 05:32 AM
    Synn - I am so sorry for your loss. The death of a friend is never easy, and I will do my best to send positive, healing energies your way.

Alty - The same for you. I love my pets as children, and the loss of one is heartbreaking. Healing energies to you and your family as well.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I have been so busy the last few days. A wonderful uncle passed last week, so I had to venture out of town for his services. It was a wonderful celebration of life, and I loved visiting with my family. It may sound odd to be joyful, but He was suffering horribly from alzheimer's and a slew of other medical issues so, while I miss him, I am happy he is no longer suffering.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2012, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel View Post
    A wonderful uncle passed last week, so I had to venture out of town for his services. It was a wonderful celebration of life, and I loved visiting with my family. It may sound odd to be joyful, but He was suffering horribly from alzheimer's and a slew of other medical issues so, while I miss him, I am happy he is no longer suffering.

Sorry for your family's loss. I understand completely. One of my aunts recently passed from alzheimer's as well. She had suffered for years and the passing becomes a blessing really at that stage.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 24, 2012, 05:10 PM
    Sorry for your loss :(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 24, 2012, 08:37 PM
    Hope everyone else is doing well. I have been so busy the last few days. A wonderful uncle passed last week, so I had to venture out of town for his services. It was a wonderful celebration of life, and I loved visiting with my family. It may sound odd to be joyful, but He was suffering horribly from alzheimer's and a slew of other medical issues so, while I miss him, I am happy he is no longer suffering.
    So very sorry for your loss. I think it's wonderful that you celebrated his life rather than grieving his death. Many people forget to celebrate the good times.
    Pets Expert

Apr 25, 2012, 07:09 PM
    Synn - I am so sorry for your loss. The death of a friend is never easy, and I will do my best to send positive, healing energies your way.

Alty - The same for you. I love my pets as children, and the loss of one is heartbreaking. Healing energies to you and your family as well.

And I go on and on about my loss. I'm so very sorry. :(

It just goes to show, we're all suffering, life is never perfect, and loss is all around us.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, but I am so very happy for you that you could see this as a celebration of his life. I think that's what death should be, a celebration of what that being (be they human or animal) was, what they contributed to this world, what their life meant to them, and to us.

It truly is only those of us that are left behind that suffer. The deceased loved one is at peace. That should be something to be grateful for, even while we're feeling the pain. Their pain is over. That's a blessing.
    Pets Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 06:01 PM
    Well this thread has turned really sad. Not that that's a bad thing. It's a place to talk about everything. Your joys, your sorrows. But, I am going to lighten the mood.

We got a new addition. We simply couldn't stand the quiet in the house, and we're not a one dog family, never were. We were going to wait until we were done grieving, but this fell into our laps, and we made the decision to follow our hearts. Boy am I glad we did.

I'm still mourning Jasper, but now there's a little something that can and does put a smile on my face, and it really does feel like forever since I smiled.

So meet Rascal, our newest addition.

He's a border collie cross, around 8 weeks old. He came for a farm. Farmer had an accidental litter and the puppies were free to a good home. Well, we're a good home.:)

Here are a few pictures.

The kids, Chewy, Rod and I, are very happy to welcome him to our home.

Name:  101_1915.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  73.2 KB

Name:  101_1904.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  45.3 KB

Name:  101_1900.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  58.9 KB
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 06:05 PM
    Very cute... but I was going to suggest a nice, furry, Haplopelma... always lightens my mood and they're so soft and cuddly.
    Pets Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Very cute....but I was going to suggest a nice, furry, Haplopelma...always lightens my mood and they're so soft and cuddly.
    Odinn, I tried talking my hubby into a spider once, but he flat out refused. I'd love one! The only problem I'd have is feeding it live food. I'm really not big on killing anything, even a cricket. :(
    Entomology Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 06:12 PM
    Ha! You Googled it, didn't you? LOL... not too many people know off the top of their head what a Haplopelma is.

They do make nice, quiet, and easy to care for pets... but yes, they need live food so I can understand what you're saying.

Really though... adorable little puppy.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 06:12 PM
    You know what would happen if you have a spider when I get there! Out comes the vacuum!
    Entomology Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 06:16 PM
    Tarantulas are too big to fit into most vacuum hoses. :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too old to realize I'm bisexual? [ 5 Answers ]

The first time I was attracted to a girl, I was 21. But I had a very sweet boyfriend and thought that relationship would last forever. I wanted to be faithfull so I didn't do anything. I did tell my boyfriend I could be attracted to women and he didn't mind. When we broke up, I didn't want to meet...

I tried 2 get her 2 realize how much I like her [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how 2 explain my problem so here's the conversation someone please explain to me how I can fix this problem: (she wasn't answering my phone calls and its been about a week since she did so I said this because I seriously thought she didn't like me but I realized it was...

How do you make your ex realize what he had? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 months. Everything was going GREAT, until a couple weeks ago. He wasn't acting like himself. I went over his house one night, and he told me things weren't working out and that he didn't want to be with me. I knew something was wrong, so I asked him why? He told me it was...

I realize some of you might think I am terrible for even asking this [ 3 Answers ]

But I will ask anyway. Money is tight and podiatrist is expensive. My son has an ingrown toenail. I'm pretty sure it's infected. We have been soaking in epsom salt, letting it dry then applying neosporin with bandaid. He is not having pain. I worked at a podiatrist office so I know how...

How to realize him that I love him [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship from past 2 years. We have decided that we will have a no emotion relationship. Mean there will be no place for emotion and love in our relation. Now he want over this relation. He will be no more in in my life. I started love him before sometime. But I am unable to say...

View more questions Search