Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2012, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    But she's the one who keeps my house tidy and makes sure I have breakfast when I come home from work in the morning. :(
    Now J, I'm going to have to give out to you!

She's going on an adventure, life! Its so exciting for her, she is going to have so much news when she visits, your both going to talk into the early hours, and when she's old enough polish off a bottle of wine together.

You have done your job and set her up to make decisions and choices for herself, but you will always be mom.

Stock up on milk!! get skype!

The nest is not empty J, just rearranged.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 15, 2012, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    now J, im going to have to give out to you!

shes going on an adventure, life!! its so exciting for her, she is going to have so much news when she visits, your both going to talk into the early hours, and when shes old enough polish off a bottle of wine together.

you have done your job and set her up to make decisions and choices for herself, but you will always be mom.

stock up on milk!!, get skype!!

the nest is not empty J, just rearranged.
    This is why I love you Reddie... you put it all into perspective whether I want to hear it or not. You make that bitter pill easier to swallow.

Yes, life is exciting for her. I don't want her to know how hard this is for me, and you know what? It's easy to get caught up in her excitement! I can't wait to go dorm shopping!
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2012, 08:26 AM
    Your going to have a great time, and her visits will be more the sweeter cause you have missed her, and she you.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

May 15, 2012, 09:04 AM
    Haha where did you hear Amazaballs from Red? ;) :p ;)
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

May 15, 2012, 09:42 AM
    J-9 don't worry your daughter will call you long distance at least 5 times a week if not more and ask advice. You will talk to her more on the phone than you did in person.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2012, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Haha where did you hear Amazaballs from Red?? ;) :p ;)

daughters bella,

totes amazeballs = totally amazing

lols = laughing a lot

it goes on and on bella, I don't understand half of what they text me, and they could only be asking what's for dinner!

it's a confusing new world.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 15, 2012, 03:36 PM
    I am so using amazeballs from now on. :)

J, just remember, she's your girl. A son is a so until he takes a wife, a daughter's a daugther for the rest of your life. :)

I know you'll miss her. I can only imagine what you're going through. Jared is only 13 and I already have my stomach in knots thinking about him moving out, growing up, no longer needing me. I know I'll be a wreck when that day comes, so I can imagine what you're feeling right now.

But you can't hold on, and you won't lose her. It will just be different. It may even be better. You still have one in the nest. I'm sure you can teach him to make breakfast. ;)
    Pets Expert

May 15, 2012, 03:47 PM
    A little something funny to make you all smile;

A man and woman had been married for more than 60 years. They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little Old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she had Cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.

For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but One day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said She would not recover.
    In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took Down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed that it was time that he should know what was In the box.

When he opened it, he found two knitted dolls And a stack of money totaling $95,000.

He asked her about the contents.

'When we were to be married,' she said, ' my grandmother told me The secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that If I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and knit a doll.' The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears. Only two Precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him two Times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with Happiness.

'Honey,' he said, 'that explains the dolls, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?'

'Oh,' she said, 'that's the money I made from selling the dolls.'

A Prayer...

Dear Lord, I pray for Wisdom to understand my man;

Love to forgive him; And Patience for his moods;

Because Lord, if I pray for Strength, I'll beat him to death,

Because I won't have time to knit.
    Dogs Expert

May 16, 2012, 05:40 AM
    I say amazaballs all the time. My friends think I am crazy haha. I am glad even in Ireland I am not alone. Ohhh Red, I had an amazing time last night at the cozy pub! THanks for the beautiful sun dress, my tata's looked... well... amazaballs!
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2012, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I say amazaballs all the time. My friends think I am crazy haha. I am glad even in Ireland I am not alone. Ohhh Red, I had an amazing time last night at the cozy pub! THanks for the beautiful sun dress, my tata's looked...well.... amazaballs!
    The cozy is some kind of different all right!

Tata's got lots of attention, god bless them!
    Expert

May 16, 2012, 03:13 PM
    Ughh, so tired today. Got a manny/pedi and hair did for graduation tomorrow night and I'm just worn out!
    Pets Expert

May 16, 2012, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Ughh, so tired today. Got a manny/pedi and hair did for graduation tomorrow night and I'm just worn out!
    J, I wish I could suffer through that sort of exhaustion. Just saying. ;)

Now we want pictures! :)
    Pets Expert

May 16, 2012, 03:20 PM
    For those that aren't on my Facebook, I'll share my day at work here.

Laughed so hard at work today, I almost peed my pants. A guy came in to fix our door. As he was leaving he decided to buy something. My fellow cashier, Paula, took him on her until. Well, he had an electric drill. He put his items on the counter, and then pointed the drill at her and pushed the button, in fun. Paula says (and I knew she was going to say it before she even opened her mouth) "Are you going to screw me"?

I've never seen anyone turn that red before. The guy said he'd be back tomorrow, which he will, because the door still isn't fixed. Maybe tomorrow he'll bring a hammer and nail her. LOL!
    Expert

May 16, 2012, 03:36 PM
    That's funny Alty! I saw that one coming too!

It's hot here... 90 degrees here today (32 for you Canadians), my allergies are driving me bonkers!

I'm off work until Sunday. I think I'm tired because I'm NOT working! How's that for strange!
    Dogs Expert

May 16, 2012, 05:04 PM
    Oyyy. First night out, like REAL night out this Friday, dinner and tickets to a live show with the girls and NO KIDS and my night gets cancelled because of lack of babysitter.m :( Karma. She's a real B__________!
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

May 16, 2012, 05:15 PM
    [QUOTE=Aurora_Bell;3119508]Oyyy. First night out, like REAL night out this Friday, dinner and tickets to a live show with the girls and NO KIDS and my night gets cancelled because of lack of babysitter.m :( Karma. She's a real B__________![/QUOTE

Well that sucks, there will be other Friday nights. I know that is little consolation. I'd volunteer but that would be one heck of a commute.
    Dogs Expert

May 16, 2012, 05:28 PM
    Lol yea it sure would. Thanks for the thought. :)
    Expert

May 16, 2012, 05:42 PM
    Send Em this way... we'll go swimming. ;)
    Pets Expert

May 16, 2012, 06:11 PM
    You have a plane ticket. Send E here. :)
    Dogs Expert

May 17, 2012, 06:15 AM
    Hahah I love you guys! I wish my real life friends were as willing to help me out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too old to realize I'm bisexual? [ 5 Answers ]

The first time I was attracted to a girl, I was 21. But I had a very sweet boyfriend and thought that relationship would last forever. I wanted to be faithfull so I didn't do anything. I did tell my boyfriend I could be attracted to women and he didn't mind. When we broke up, I didn't want to meet...

I tried 2 get her 2 realize how much I like her [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how 2 explain my problem so here's the conversation someone please explain to me how I can fix this problem: (she wasn't answering my phone calls and its been about a week since she did so I said this because I seriously thought she didn't like me but I realized it was...

How do you make your ex realize what he had? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 months. Everything was going GREAT, until a couple weeks ago. He wasn't acting like himself. I went over his house one night, and he told me things weren't working out and that he didn't want to be with me. I knew something was wrong, so I asked him why? He told me it was...

I realize some of you might think I am terrible for even asking this [ 3 Answers ]

But I will ask anyway. Money is tight and podiatrist is expensive. My son has an ingrown toenail. I'm pretty sure it's infected. We have been soaking in epsom salt, letting it dry then applying neosporin with bandaid. He is not having pain. I worked at a podiatrist office so I know how...

How to realize him that I love him [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship from past 2 years. We have decided that we will have a no emotion relationship. Mean there will be no place for emotion and love in our relation. Now he want over this relation. He will be no more in in my life. I started love him before sometime. But I am unable to say...

View more questions Search