Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2012, 09:45 AM
    Anything new? Where oh where to begin! I'm so glad you're back and hope you'll stick around now. I read your Axel post, so we will be excited to see pictures.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 09:51 AM
    Here's some photos of my little Axel ♥
    Attached Images

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2012, 10:02 AM
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! What a cutie pie!! I love the ears. And such a sweet little face and intelligence just zooming out of his eyes! How big is he now and how big will he get?
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 10:18 AM
    He should be about 13lbs now-- he was 12 lbs and a few ounces last week.

His mom is a Belgian Malinois:
    Belgian Malinois Information, Facts, Pictures, Training and Grooming

And his father is a Blue Heeler (A.K.A. Australian Cattle Dog):
    Australian Cattle Dog Information, Facts, Pictures, Training and Grooming

I wonder how the mating happened LOL

The vet says he should be between a large sized dog and a medium sized dog. Somewhere between 70-90lbs max.

He has some big paws on him so I'm guessing this is going to be a big boy.

He is very smart, he knows a few commands, sit, down, and stay with hand signals.

We have such a great bond already, I can't wait to grow old with this guy.
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 10:22 AM
    Here he is practicing sit and stay at the park.
    Attached Images

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2012, 10:24 AM
    I noticed his huge paws right away! I suspect you chose the pick of the litter (and he chose the perfect mom)! I really like his coloring too. Heck, maybe I'll give up my four cats and get a pup like Axel. (Pssst, don't tell my cats I said that.)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2012, 10:26 AM
    It's okay to take him out to the park? I'm thinking parvo. (I read the Dog threads, so I know that's a huge concern for young pups.)
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 10:27 AM
    He is super cute. Reminds me of my little mutt Sienna, with inverses colors... maybe she has some of his heritage...
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    It's okay to take him out to the park? I'm thinking parvo. (I read the Dog threads, so I know that's a huge concern for young pups.)
    My vet gave me the okay to take him out to the park. I don't let him meet strange dogs yet so I usually go when the park is empty or I go the other direction if I see a dog coming my way. He only has his first set, his second set is next week.

He's a very healthy boy. He did unfortunately have a case of worms which he had to get two doses of dewormer (he is now a o kay).

Parvo is something that does scare me because it can go from dog-dog dog-cat! I would lose two pets!

Keeping him on lockdown in my home wouldn't be a good idea-- most because he has that issue where he's scared of everything so the more people he meets the more he's coming out of his shell, the more sounds and cars and squirrels and birds he notices the more he's becoming confident. The first day it took me 15 minutes to just get him out of the house with the leash, now it takes me a few seconds and off we go!

The last thing I want is a dog with fear aggression-- YIKES!
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 12:11 PM
    All we can handle are fish. I'm not great with animals, but I have the sense to know it!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2012, 12:22 PM
    Awwww, fish! Post a picture of the tank! Do they have names?
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 12:24 PM
    Axel is a beauty!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 26, 2012, 12:42 PM
    Muddy, Axel is adorable.

I am glad things are working out for you. I hope you find a job soon. How is R?
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Muddy, Axel is adorable.

I am glad things are working out for you. I hope you find a job soon. How is R?
    She's awesome, going to French Immersion-- she's adjusted to school very well-- even has been class leader a few times. She's happy with the pup not so much about him running away with her toys or the occasional attempt at herding her HA

She's becoming a funny young lady, the other she said two funny things:

1- "I need to watch out for cars when I cross the street, so I don't die and go to the hospital then you have to get a new kid"

2- "Do peoples have to stay girls and boys forever or can they switch?"

She's also become quite the deep thinker asking me questions about death (in her mind people die at 100-- and I'll just let her keep thinking that), and questioning about poor children. She's already donated some of her toys to one of those mission places and has tried to send her food in the mail-- lol don't know how her little 5 year old brain but that together but when I found food stuffed in an envelope in my mailbox it was the sweetest and funniest thing... she tried to write "to the hungry kids" but it ended up looking like gibberish.

She's a great kid, very happy still. Of course she has her "no" moods where she thinks she can tell me what to do.. but other than that no complaints :)

Here's a few photos so you get to see how much she's grown!!
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 01:00 PM
    We have Monarch, who is a dwarf gourami, Roger, Phinneaus, Ferb, Angel 2, and Boo Radley, who are mollies, and Harold, Sally, and Francine, the triplet tank suckers. We also have about 30 baby mollies in a breeding trap right now. The clueless teenager @ Petsmart told us that mollies were beginner fish. She neglected to tell us that the things breed like crazy, can have babies for three months in a row with no male in the tank, and are live-bearers, so we are finding babies almost every day. Of course, the fish have NO parental instinct, so we have lost some to "natural selection". They have almost doubled in size, we we have started to find homes for them.

As annoyed as I am to have so many ( and Ferb and Boo Radley are pregnant again), I don't want to just give them away to people who don't know how to properly maintain an aquarium for them. I've gotten a little attached to them.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2012, 01:00 PM
    She's a cutie Muddy! Love the pup pics too... :)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2012, 01:01 PM
    New puppy and fish... do we need a pets page started?. :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 01:06 PM
    Fish! I had a beta for a whole year! And then he died a month ago-- went belly up. I did feel a little sadness in my heart.. only because he actually would get happy to see me when it was feeding time-- he would swim around in circles and up and down. I would talk to him. Now there's a new fish I'm not fond of that replaced him :( I called him "Chump"-- I still feed him and stuff... but he's no Rainbow.

*... and thanks Doula!
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2012, 01:08 PM
    Well, I've got LOTS of mollies!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 26, 2012, 01:14 PM
    Muddy, she is beautiful. I can't believe how much she has grown.

It sounds like she has your intelligence as well as your looks. :)

You're doing a great job.

We do have the thread for pet pictures if anyone is interested: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/lounge/pictures-our-pets-416334.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too old to realize I'm bisexual? [ 5 Answers ]

The first time I was attracted to a girl, I was 21. But I had a very sweet boyfriend and thought that relationship would last forever. I wanted to be faithfull so I didn't do anything. I did tell my boyfriend I could be attracted to women and he didn't mind. When we broke up, I didn't want to meet...

I tried 2 get her 2 realize how much I like her [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how 2 explain my problem so here's the conversation someone please explain to me how I can fix this problem: (she wasn't answering my phone calls and its been about a week since she did so I said this because I seriously thought she didn't like me but I realized it was...

How do you make your ex realize what he had? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 months. Everything was going GREAT, until a couple weeks ago. He wasn't acting like himself. I went over his house one night, and he told me things weren't working out and that he didn't want to be with me. I knew something was wrong, so I asked him why? He told me it was...

I realize some of you might think I am terrible for even asking this [ 3 Answers ]

But I will ask anyway. Money is tight and podiatrist is expensive. My son has an ingrown toenail. I'm pretty sure it's infected. We have been soaking in epsom salt, letting it dry then applying neosporin with bandaid. He is not having pain. I worked at a podiatrist office so I know how...

How to realize him that I love him [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship from past 2 years. We have decided that we will have a no emotion relationship. Mean there will be no place for emotion and love in our relation. Now he want over this relation. He will be no more in in my life. I started love him before sometime. But I am unable to say...

View more questions Search