Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 05:34 PM
    Come chat. Everyone welcome! Come to remember, or realize why we're all here.
    Going old school.

We’ve all been busy, and I for one miss the chats. The peeves thread is great, but we need to go old school. We need to go back to our roots.

No gimmicks, no castle, because it’s just not the same without Starby, and others. No coffee house, nothing like that. Let’s just connect, talk like we used to. All newcomers are welcome. All long time members are welcome. Everyone is welcome! Newbies, owners, experts, you name it. Just come and join in.

Being friends (because of this site) is what made us great. Are we losing that? I don’t think we have, but I think we need a reminder.

So anything goes on this thread. If you want to talk about what’s bothering you, you know we’re all here to listen. If you just want to tell us what you did today, we’d all love to hear it, I know that for a fact. If you just want to goof around, tell a few jokes, get back in touch with the people on this site that you care about, then go for it.

We need to remember why we’re here. We need to remember why we stayed to begin with. It’s never been the layout of the site. It’s never been graphics. Changes have been hard, but in the end we stay because of the people. It’s our family! We were all strangers when we joined, and we add new people every single day. We all started as newbies, we all got to know each other because hell, we have a great group of people here! So let’s go back to the basics.

I hope you all join. Let’s get this thread to 1500 posts, like we did in the old days. Let’s welcome new members, and most of all, let’s reconnect. I miss all of you, that’s why I came back. There isn’t another site like AMHD on the Internet that I could find, and trust me, I looked. We’re unique. Let’s remind everyone why we are!

Are you game? I hope so!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 05:41 PM
    Ok, I'm in... I like most of the people here and that's why I stay, so let's get this thread going.

So... what should we talk about?

My butt itches.
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Ok, I'm in....I like most of the people here and that's why I stay.

So....what should we talk about?

My butt itches.
    I have a cream that may help with that. ;)

Glad you piped in. You're the first. I really should have arranged a prize for the first poster.

Hmmm... Ben, can we get a toaster to Odinn? Am I pushing it? Hell yes I am! ;)

Just so it's clear, a long time ago there was a rumor that members promoted to expert status would get a toaster. Well, I am toasterless, as is every person that's been promoted to expert! The toaster is a rumor! There is no toaster, and you all know me, I have to mention it every chance I get. So you, I'm bringing up the toaster. ;)
    Entomology Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 05:54 PM
    I don't really need the toaster as I am told that one should already be on the way since I hit 1,000 posts a few weeks ago. Though, now that I think about it, some members indicated that may be false as well.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2012, 05:58 PM

I am going to start with my love and joy in the world... Gizmo!

A rescue dog who was a day away from being put down because of food aggression of all things. Six years later, and we are best friends. He has saved me from myself many times. All animal lovers know they can sense your moods.

He is a sweetie. The best medicine he dishes out? When he knows I'm down in the dumps and his usual interaction can't budge me, he gets up on the big pile of pillows and lays on top of my head, slowly sticking his head down the side of mine until I start petting him.

He finishes his prescription for happiness by rolling on his back and pawing me slowly until I rub his belly and start feeling better.
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 06:02 PM
    I don't really need the toaster as I am told that one should already be on the way since I hit 1,000 posts a few weeks ago. Though, now that I think about it, some members indicated that may be false as well.
    If you get a toaster before I do there will be hell to pay! ;)

Ben! Ben! I want my toaster! ;)

I'm holding out for the hello kitty toaster. It toasts an image of hello kitty on your toast. How cool is that!

But, at this point I'd settle for this;

Name:  Toaster.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  4.7 KB
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 06:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffARobinson View Post

I am going to start off with my love and joy in the world... Gizmo!

A rescue dog who was a day away from being put down because of food aggression of all things. Six years later, and we are best friends. He has saved me from myself many times. All animal lovers know they can sense your moods.

He is a sweetie. The best medicine he dishes out? When he knows I'm down in the dumps and his usual interaction can't budge me, he gets up on the big pile of pillows and lays on top of my head, slowly sticking his head down the side of mine until I start petting him.

He finishes his prescription for happiness by rolling on his back and pawing me slowly until I rub his belly and start feeling better.

He's adorable Cliff. I've posted many pictures of my fur babies on this site. So many that if I post another, I fear that you all will just ban me. ;)

My soul dog was Indy. We put him to sleep a few months ago. It was necessary. He was 16, his health was failing, he couldn't stand without help. That doesn't make the decision easier though.

Our fur babies just don't live long enough.

Gizmo is adorable. You're lucky to have him in your life, and I'm sure he's very lucky to have you in his.

Animals are my saving grace. I can't live without them.

Now, about that toaster. ;)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 06:15 PM
    Alty, you beat me to it. I was thinking about starting a new chat thread earlier. :)

I thought it was supposed to be a Hello Kitty toaster. ;)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 06:19 PM
    Gizmo is adorable.

Alty, you know we love the pictures of all of the animals. By the way, how is weasel?
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2012, 06:22 PM
    Alty... boy. It's the day we all dread with our pets. It was devastating last time I had to deal with it. What can you do but go on?
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Alty, you beat me to it. I was thinking about starting a new chat thread earlier. :)

I thought it was supposed to be a Hello Kitty toaster. ;)
    LOL! You know that writing isn't my forte. I don't capitalize things. Besides, is Hello Kitty worthy of capitalization? ;)

Great minds think alike. I'm so happy you're here. :)
    Entomology Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 06:25 PM
    Gizmo is a great name... I assume it's from the Gremlins movie? I had a cat years ago that we named Gremlin because of the movie.

AND!! Nobody told me it was a Hello kitty toaster! Now I don't want it... I NEED it!
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Gizmo is adorable.

Alty, you know we love the pictures of all of the animals. By the way, how is weasel?
    Well the mouse issue is down, even though I saw one in my bedroom last night. Gutsy little bugger, he was making a lot of noise, even after I threw something at him. I may have to set out a trap for him. Feed him to the weasel later. But the major issue is resolved, and I think it's thanks to Squishy, the weasel.

As for the weasel, it's never good when you name something. Even though I was adamant that this little intruder wouldn't become a pet, we gave him a name, we steer clear of him, the kids know he's a wild animal and dangerous, but still... I have a bad feeling about this. I feel like we may be going weasel cage shopping in the near future. But I am holding my ground. I just feel that the ground I'm standing on is more quick sand than anything else. :(

Darn animals. They always get into my cold hard heart. ;)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Hey! HeeeeeeeY! Over here waving my hand... crap Alty can't you see me either?!

Just spent two hours with an insurance agent. Wanted to get something for baby Jacob, well as expected it went to "are you sure that you are fully covered just in case the unexpected would happen????"

I am a salesman I know the tactics and the procedures! I have all the insurance that we need.

"Well then, let me go over this with you." No... I'm serious!

Short of bouncing her butt out of here I had to get rude (don't like to but... )

Any way, nothing purchased tonight. But she is going to call again this Thursday. I plan on being out of the country! :(
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffARobinson View Post
    Alty... boy. It's the day we all dread with our pets. It was devastating last time I had to deal with it. What can you do but go on?
    It's never easy. When Indy came into our lives (we met him a few short weeks after he was born), my thought was that we had all the time in the world, even if he only lived the estimated average of 12 years. But the time flew by way too fast.

But, we have great memories. He was my first baby. He was the first commitment my husband and I made to something other than ourselves, aside from the pets of our childhood. He was ours, our responsibility, our first child.

I miss him. I even miss the panting, having to get up a few times a night, carry him outside (he was a lab, not a light dog). I miss every part of him. But we do go on. Heck, for a lab he lived a long long life. Longer than most of his breed. Most of all, he had a great life, a family that loved him.

Sixteen years doesn't seem like enough to a mere human, but to a dog, that's forever and a day. I'm at peace with our decision. Doesn't make missing him easier though. :(
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 06:32 PM
    Gizmo is a great name...I assume it's from the Gremlins movie? I had a cat years ago that we named Gremlin because of the movie.

AND!!!!! Nobody told me it was a Hello kitty toaster! Now I don't want it....I NEED it!
    I know! Hello Kitty is just a must have! She's epic! Now you understand why I keep nagging about it. ;)
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2012, 06:34 PM
    I hear you Alty.

Yes, "Gizmo" from Gremlins because of his floppy ears.
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Hey! heeeeeeeY! Over here waving my hand...crap Alty can't ya see me either?!?!?

Just spent two hours with an insurance agent. Wanted to get something for baby Jacob, well as expected it went to "are you sure that you are fully covered just in case the unexpected would happen????"

I am a salesman I know the tactics and the procedures! I have all the insurance that we need.

"Well then, let me go over this with you." No..... I'm serious!

Short of bouncing her butt out of here I had to get rude (don't like to but...)

Any way, nothing purchased tonight. But she is going to call again this Thursday. I plan on being out of the country! :(
    Canada is nice this time of year. Just saying, since you want to be out of the country. ;)

Stringer dear, a long time ago, when I had a career, before kids, I was an insurance underwriter. Of course I dealt with automobiles. To be specific, I dealt with the vehicles that could take out a small city. Oil rigs, welding trucks, anything that could go boom, and many of them did. One of my clients took out a small town once, at no fault of mine. It only cost around 10 million dollars. The policy holder hired a new guy, didn't tell us, let him drive an crude oil truck. Jerk didn't know an oil rig from a guinea pig, flipped the truck, took out a town. :(

As for life insurance and such, I don't know it from a goldfish. By the way, my goldfish, and his pall Fang, including the 20 gallon tank and stand, are still free to a good home. I'll deliver if you're in my area, or 20 miles out. :)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 06:43 PM
    Huh?

Fang? I am drawing many pictures mentally presently; piranha?
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2012, 07:07 PM
    Hello, hello!

So, can't stay and chat tonight, but just wanted to pop my head in and say HEY! :)

Love you all! Can't wait to catch up! It's been waaaaay too long!

Chicky out... for the evening! I'll be back!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too old to realize I'm bisexual? [ 5 Answers ]

The first time I was attracted to a girl, I was 21. But I had a very sweet boyfriend and thought that relationship would last forever. I wanted to be faithfull so I didn't do anything. I did tell my boyfriend I could be attracted to women and he didn't mind. When we broke up, I didn't want to meet...

I tried 2 get her 2 realize how much I like her [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how 2 explain my problem so here's the conversation someone please explain to me how I can fix this problem: (she wasn't answering my phone calls and its been about a week since she did so I said this because I seriously thought she didn't like me but I realized it was...

How do you make your ex realize what he had? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 months. Everything was going GREAT, until a couple weeks ago. He wasn't acting like himself. I went over his house one night, and he told me things weren't working out and that he didn't want to be with me. I knew something was wrong, so I asked him why? He told me it was...

I realize some of you might think I am terrible for even asking this [ 3 Answers ]

But I will ask anyway. Money is tight and podiatrist is expensive. My son has an ingrown toenail. I'm pretty sure it's infected. We have been soaking in epsom salt, letting it dry then applying neosporin with bandaid. He is not having pain. I worked at a podiatrist office so I know how...

How to realize him that I love him [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship from past 2 years. We have decided that we will have a no emotion relationship. Mean there will be no place for emotion and love in our relation. Now he want over this relation. He will be no more in in my life. I started love him before sometime. But I am unable to say...

View more questions Search