Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmhall87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2012, 02:05 PM
    Settled slab of home addition
    I'm looking at purchasing a house that seemingly has some slab problems the floor running through the living room is bowed up , and it runs through to the master bedroom where it is less obvious. All of this area is where an additional slab was poured to add sq ft. to the house I would like to repair it so that I can install laminate floor and get rid of the tile and carpet. I have an engineers report that says he doesn't"t believe it is a crack but that the second slab has "settled" it has not separated at all it has just vertically sunk or maybe they did that bad of a job whenever it was originally installed. Is this a situation where self leveling cement would make a good repair maybe even somthing I wouldnt have to put on a sellers disclosure one day. I'm at my witts end this is the house my wife "loves" and she cannot be persuaded against it. The house it self is 1700 Sq Ft. and approximately half the house is on the sinking section. How of an allowance would be fair to make? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I deduct the cost of an addition on my home if half my home is rented? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a roommate who shares half my house equally. I claim his rent as income and have for the past two years. If I decide to put a small addition on my home to add a second bathroom, can I deduct this expenses since I am renting half my home. If I can, how much of the expense can I deduct in this...

2009 Tax credit for new home not settled yet [ 1 Answers ]

I am buying a new home from a home builder and have signed the agreement and given a significant amount with agrement. The house will be delivered in a few months and will be settled at that point of time. Can I apply for the new home credit with my tax file before April 15. If yes, how do I go...

Connecting new concrete slab to old slab for an addition [ 1 Answers ]

I want to expand my master bed room/walk in closet to house. Need to puor new slb for addition and connect to the old slab.

New home addition -home equity loan or remortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I am 54yrs old and have only 3 yrs left on mortgage.. I want to put on a new addition to house and looks like I will have to borrow $80,000.. Do I want to do home equity or remortgage? I would like to retire in 11 yrs or less

New addition on home [ 5 Answers ]

What do I need to know when before I talk to contractors? I am putting on an addition to my ranch style home and I feel like I am clueless. Please help.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.